Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't mate, as I'm not an agent, as neither are you, You just allegedly are members of the same golf club with a super reliable agent whose had loads of dealing with Everton and happens to tell you insider info about the club and other clubs dealing with it

Sounds really legit

For the longer termed members in here, I’ve said before my old man was a scout & opposition analyst for several different premier league clubs over the last 20+ years.

He’s retired now. But, I’d often be in certain player/ manager lounges at clubs with him after games and the amount of agents kicking about was to be honest quite an unpleasant experience. Why? Because they all think they are gods gift, every one having a ‘juicy’ story to tell anyone that would listen.

It smacked of desperation to feel significant.

But the main thing I learned. They talk a serious amount of BS.

I’d say thier ‘hit’ rate of successful stories either me or the old man heard about players moving/ club info etc was about 10%.

If you throw enough mud at the wall, eventually something will stick

We are the slowest at everything except decline which we are rapidly getting good at :oops:

….we have a habit of hanging on in there & despite what @ForeverBlue92 wants, it’s really important we do that for a few more seasons. The new ground gives us a chance as long as we have the right manager/DoF/Owner in place.

it’s a big ask, but we’ve been around this level for a long time.

Net Spend this season so far (figures from transfermarkt): -

Arsenal = £74.58 mil
Newcastle = £59.4 mil
Leeds = £51.21 mil
West Ham = £49.46 mil
Tottenham = £44.05 mil
Man City = £38.74 mil
Southampton = £38.67 mil (approximately if you include Joe Aribo today)
Nottingham Forest = £31.95 mil
Aston Villa = £29.70 mil
Liverpool = £26.82 mil
Brentford = £14.85 mil
Man Utd = £13.5 mil
Wolves = £6.03 mil
AFC Bournemouth = £0.00 mil
Crystal Palace = £0.00 mil
Leicester City = £0.00 mil
Fulham = -£0.81 mil
Chelsea = -£7.20 mil
Brighton = -£8.64 mil
Everton = -£52.20 mil

interesting to see how high West Ham are given their owners in the past being penny pinchers. With Broga supposedly joining West Ham for 30 mil they could be the biggest spenders soon as well.

also interesting to see how low Chelsea are despite losing lukaku on loan and rudiger and christensen for nothing with alonso and azpilicueta about to join barcelona as well. Although it looks like things might change soon with sterling and ake joining for potentially around 90 mil.

….we have a habit of hanging on in there & despite what @ForeverBlue92 wants, it’s really important we do that for a few more seasons. The new ground gives us a chance as long as we have the right manager/DoF/Owner in place.

it’s a big ask, but we’ve been around this level for a long time.
I agree but it is a concern. However, I actually believe that if we compete in the coming season with the squad we have as of today we will finish higher in the league than we did last season given that last season was basically sabotaged before it began

Net Spend this season so far (figures from transfermarkt): -

Arsenal = £74.58 mil
Newcastle = £59.4 mil
Leeds = £51.21 mil
West Ham = £49.46 mil
Tottenham = £44.05 mil
Man City = £38.74 mil
Southampton = £38.67 mil (approximately if you include Joe Aribo today)
Nottingham Forest = £31.95 mil
Aston Villa = £29.70 mil
Liverpool = £26.82 mil
Brentford = £14.85 mil
Man Utd = £13.5 mil
Wolves = £6.03 mil
AFC Bournemouth = £0.00 mil
Crystal Palace = £0.00 mil
Leicester City = £0.00 mil
Fulham = -£0.81 mil
Chelsea = -£7.20 mil
Brighton = -£8.64 mil
Everton = -£52.20 mil

interesting to see how high West Ham are given their owners in the past being penny pinchers. With Broga supposedly joining West Ham for 30 mil they could be the biggest spenders soon as well.

also interesting to see how low Chelsea are despite losing lukaku on loan and rudiger and christensen for nothing with alonso and azpilicueta about to join barcelona as well. Although it looks like things might change soon with sterling and ake joining for potentially around 90 mil.
Headline transfer fee only though isn’t it…… what’s Haaland going to cost City per year in wages, £18m is it?
Better perspective is contractual commitments vs contractual saving for net spend per annum but meh.

I agree but it is a concern. However, I actually believe that if we compete in the coming season with the squad we have as of today we will finish higher in the league than we did last season given that last season was basically sabotaged before it began

…it’s an interesting point. I was thinking about this earlier;

We lose Richarlison and gain Tarkowski. Are we stronger?

The obvious answer is no, but we don’t have Benitez. I’m one who is a bit wary of Lampard, but Benitez tried to rip the club apart on and off the pitch. That won’t happen next season. I hope everybody pulling in the same direction might be enough to keep us safe.

You mean wolves whose entire transfer strategy and deals are done by effectively one agent in Mendes?

Again sounds legit mate.

The most likely outcome, is that Wolves are unhappy at losing one of their best younger players.

As for agents, I'm not sure what's in it for agents not to do deals. They get paid on players being sold.

It would be like an estate agent not wanting to sell houses.

My club lost 21 games last season and nearly got relegated with this newly promoted chancer releasing injury news and team news earlier than the club wanted , and now he’s charging for it , that ok
Ya. It's his fault we lost 21 games you absolute bulb. The opposition has the team before he releases it. Are you too thick to understand that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.