Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a back 4 we beat Leeds, Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle and turned it around second half after going 2-0 down using 5 at the back v Palace and a draw v Leicester at home, thats 16 points, Frank only managed 4 more points.....

We also got hammered in a lot of games mate, Spurs, Palace etc.

I mean, we played back 4 most weeks, can only really think of Brentford in the cup as a back 5 off the top of my head.

A Saturday night game kicking off at midnight plus GOT and the cocaine, what could possibly go wrong I ask you, dear reader.
i tried single malt and footbal manager 2019 playing everton. Even there i cant buy anyone but thats because i just cant figure out the game itself, just like our board irl. Why cant they make these games so that you start with 250 mill and all players eager to come and just sack the one syou dont like? Maybe this was also uttered in moshiris dark room.

Take the positives from them game..

Look much more assured with the second half back 3. Clear that Godfrey and Holgate should be back ups only and never the 2 on the same team. Ideal 3 at the back being Tarks, Mina and I think Welch.

Midfield clearly needs a couple new faces, but again much better with Warrington and although JPG didn’t do much, he didn’t get injured which is a bonus.

Then DCL is getting minutes too.

Was a fitness game, and although we didn’t create much neither did they. More of the possession but cannot remember any key Saves which had to be made.

Finally, we have 3/4 young players who can comfortably fit in and under Frank likely get more minutes to grow.

Anyhow, 2 x central midfielders (1 being a leader) and Cornet and things will be much better.

20F82633-2B41-4B5A-AC69-C2DD7AB93911.jpeg

We also got hammered in a lot of games mate, Spurs, Palace etc.

I mean, we played back 4 most weeks, can only really think of Brentford in the cup as a back 5 off the top of my head.
5 at the back

Newcastle away L 3-2
Palace away (Cup) L 4-0
Brentford home L 3-2
Watford away D 0-0, only team not to score at Vicarage Road
Arsenal away L 5-1
Palace home (1st half) L 2-0
Leicester away W 2-1
Brentford home (Cup) W 4-1
Boreham Wood home (Cup) W 2-0

4 league points playing 5 at the back, 16 from playing a back 4 yet 5 was the most used!!!

off the top of my head.......

Starting to wonder if Frank Lampard is the football version of Boris Johnson. Loads of bluster, tub thumping and ego massaging but tactically inept compared with all the other managers in the league.

5 at the back

Newcastle away L 3-2
Palace away (Cup) L 4-0
Brentford home L 3-2
Arsenal away L 5-1
Leicester away W 2-1

4 league points playing 5 at the back, 16 from playing a back 4 yet 5 was the most used!!!

Starting to wonder if Frank Lampard is the football version of Boris Johnson. Loads of bluster, tub thumping and ego massaging but tactically inept compared with all the other managers in the league.
Don’t think he Is stuck on 5 at the back based on his comments but need a decent midfielder.

The back-three system employed for the match, meanwhile, isn’t necessarily Lampard’s long-term ploy.

“We have to play three at the back because of the group we have on the trip,” Lampard told evertontv.

“I like to be more flexible and to maybe play three in midfield, like Arsenal did tonight.

It's not so much 3/5 at the back for me. It's how can anyone think we've got 2 CMs who can play in that system.

There's no permutation of Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes that aren't getting overrun.

Maybe it'll work with new midfield but based on current squad is disastrous.

5 at the back

Newcastle away L 3-2
Palace away (Cup) L 4-0
Brentford home L 3-2
Arsenal away L 5-1
Leicester away W 2-1

Personally, I prefer a back 4, but can live with a Back 3...note;  Not a Back 5 - if you grasp the difference.
But a proper Back 3 that allows 1 +4 Mid Field (hate 2 DMs )

But - as we all (should) know...Its formation to fit the players you have -  Not have the players shoehorned into the formation du jour

Don’t think he Is stuck on 5 at the back based on his comments but need a decent midfielder.

The back-three system employed for the match, meanwhile, isn’t necessarily Lampard’s long-term ploy.

“We have to play three at the back because of the group we have on the trip,” Lampard told evertontv.

“I like to be more flexible and to maybe play three in midfield, like Arsenal did tonight.
The comment about playing 3 at the back, we don`t have good enough CMs so we will use less of them than the opposition? What sort of madness is this?

Can you post that link....

Take the positives from them game..

Look much more assured with the second half back 3. Clear that Godfrey and Holgate should be back ups only and never the 2 on the same team. Ideal 3 at the back being Tarks, Mina and I think Welch.

Midfield clearly needs a couple new faces, but again much better with Warrington and although JPG didn’t do much, he didn’t get injured which is a bonus.

Then DCL is getting minutes too.

Was a fitness game, and although we didn’t create much neither did they. More of the possession but cannot remember any key Saves which had to be made.

Finally, we have 3/4 young players who can comfortably fit in and under Frank likely get more minutes to grow.

Anyhow, 2 x central midfielders (1 being a leader) and Cornet and things will be much better.

Think this is a fair assessment to be honest. We saw a few players show that they can do a job and a few players showed that they might not be but also may have just had a bad day.

The one thing that gives me pause for thought is that throughout the game, Leon Osman was saying that the lads hadn’t stopped their fitness training to prepare for this game and so it’s highly possible that they were tired going into it and that caused some of the awful passing especially in the first half.

Personally, I prefer a back 4, but can live with a Back 3...note;  Not a Back 5 - if you grasp the difference.
But a proper Back 3 that allows 1 +4 Mid Field (hate 2 DMs )

But - as we all (should) know...Its formation to fit the players you have -  Not have the players shoehorned into the formation du jour
If I grasp the difference? What a tit, if you follow me on Twitter or FB you can see my FA qualifications..... you can call it a back 3 but EVERY manager in the league knows you make that a back 5 by pinning your wingers high and wide!!!

If you look at the results and formations played, 4-3-3 is the system that suits these players best and is the system that gets more points so why does Frank keep going back for this 5 at the back monstrocity at every opportunity......

Are you seriously suggesting that in a 4-3-3 we would be shoehorning these players in to that system but not the 5-2-3? Absolute Chump, do you even watch our games or are you a kopite plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.