Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it looks like with Cornet we were trying to spend the Moise Kean money (buy now pay later). Not a bad idea if we can manage it and then the Richarlison money would be used across a couple more.

It’s not a terrible idea but we might have to move on from it.
Not a bad idea at all, but as you say at some point we have to bite the bullet and decide which 2 players we actually want to spend this years budget on. I’m not 100% all in on anyone and can’t say I’m blown away by any of the links, but I presume we’ve got a list we’re working through and I doubt the names get much better.

At some point, we’re going to have to stop trying to make a little go a long way. We’ll have to pay more upfront for 2 players rather than trying to make it stretch to 4. Otherwise we’ll be left with players we simply don’t want.

It’s getting close to crunch time if we want players in for the start of the season, which is very important.
Too true, quality before quantity every time. Would much rather have 2 decent players in than 4 that aren't any better than what we have.

Reckon Cornet and the PSG kid plus loans would go a long way.

Not a bad idea at all, but as you say at some point we have to bite the bullet and decide which 2 players we actually want to spend this years budget on. I’m not 100% all in on anyone and can’t say I’m blown away by any of the links, but I presume we’ve got a list we’re working through and I doubt the names get much better.
With Cornet, he could cover in 2 positions and then we could use this year’s budget to really strengthen in the problem areas.

Could still happen, say if they offered 5 up front and 20 next year then Burnley would have to consider whether to take 17.5 now or close to 25 over 2 years.

Seems to be only the UK links that are surfacing, you can bet there are others.

Can we just get 2 competent central midfielders in before the season starts please (one DM and one CM, both of who can keep the ball and make some incisive passing). This would see us move up the table 5-7 places easily.
It absolutely would.
However, we would then have to replace Richarlison with loans or via a Moise Kean style deal.

Whatever money is available, surely sooner or later they will have to bite the bullet and get players in, even if that means compromise on the quantity. I'm all for prudence and caution, but if the result is this level of inaction, then it achieves nothing of value in itself for a side that desperately needs reinforcements.

It points to a real issue in scouting also. I get that there are deals to be done on deadline day that may be more advantageous to us, and for us it has to be part of the plan, but leaving everything to that degree of chance isn't any kind of strategy. My feeling is though that this is what it's boiling down to. There is no sense that any deals are advanced or imminent and I think they feel they will be able to get more players in then on better terms. It's an enormous risk that could have disastrous consequences if it backfired. Who would be confident in this lot under that scenario?

i actually thought after staying up last season it was abit of a blip we wud we juvenate over summer get a few players in and progress

Not sure why i thought that tbh lol

Its terrible, but its everton
bwyan.jpg

Moshiri must be regretting saying 'judge us after the transfer window' . He really is clueless, it's the sort of cocky arrogance you have when you have unlimited spending power not when you're skint and begging for deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.