#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree that it's all on Moshiri he is partly to blame yes, the whole board is to blame, Kenwright is the Chairman of the club and deals supposedly with the day to day running of the club for our absent owner. The CEO is to blame as well our revenue streams are poor, no sleeve sponsor last year, only premier league club, without one. We are oorly run throughout.
Yeah but absent owner, that alone isn't helping, absent owner but is getting involved when it suits, sacking Sam, getting Silva, and some of the buys are definitely influenced by Kia... his mate, the appointment of Bentiez alone shows Kenwright isn't doing the day to day running of the club unhindered by the owner

how is it all on moshiri he left kenwright to run the club and between the 3 off them theyv made a right mess of it ,where right back to the first mess kenwright landed us in way back in the early 2000s instead of selling to please the banks now we have to sell to please the league. Kenwright is the chairman and has been for years he knows what you can and can’t do that’s what he’s employed for
But should he of left Kenwright to run his club? I'm not so sure that was a sound idea, to buy a business then let the previous owner carry running it is crazy on its own

Besides this current mess is something we never feared 6 years ago, by being sold it was supposed to end our problems, not give us new ones, it's all on Moshiri because we never looked this dangerously close to dropping under the previous owner.

The last few days there's been articles in major publications and now SSN. They've got that coverage because of their social - that's significant mate

With that in mind, I don't think its right to poke fun at those seeking to influence him.

A little while back on here someone was telling me fan protests/walk out was a waste of time - he wouldn't make any changes. Brands would stay, he'd been promoted to the board and had just been given/signed a new contract. How quick was Brands the sacrificial lamb after those protests?
I guess "significant" is a relative term. Unless it leads to actual change, I think it's highly debateable just how significant it is. (whats the saying about todays news being tomorrows chippy papers; the media will be back to talking Man Utd in no time I'm sure).

I wasn't poking fun; if people want to spend their afternoon waiving banners, have at it, I just think other than a bit of placaiting tokenism here and there, it's relatively futile (plus from one protest to the next, I'm not entirely clear on what exactly the objectives are: is it Mosh out or Mosh to change his ways and clear the board?).

As for Brands, I wonder how much of his sacking was pressure from the "chosen one FSW" and how much was due to being caught on camera saying to the fan "you think that's the only problem here" (or words to that affect). Massive coincedence he was gone a few days after that video; could have been the consequence of a banner though.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what affect any of this has. As much as I may agree with the point, I wont be holding my breath.

Yeah but absent owner, that alone isn't helping, absent owner but is getting involved when it suits, sacking Sam, getting Silva, and some of the buys are definitely influenced by Kia... his mate, the appointment of Bentiez alone shows Kenwright isn't doing the day to day running of the club unhindered by the owner

But should he of left Kenwright to run his club? I'm not so sure that was a sound idea, to buy a business then let the previous owner carry running it is crazy on its own

Besides this current mess is something we never feared 6 years ago, by being sold it was supposed to end our problems, not give us new ones, it's all on Moshiri because we never looked this dangerously close to dropping under the previous owner.
That was because of moyes and despite kenwright, really with the money we spent in them years from 2001 - 2016 we shud av been well down

The chair of a fan advisory should be out meeting disgruntled fans and engaging with the wider fan base. He said he wasnt at Goodison because he has a wider role. Well that's fine, but if it doesn't involve going out and about engaging with other fans then what does it involve?

The FAB is not going to be reflective of the wider fan base and that interview reinforced it in my mind.

I dont want more fan involvement. I want better professionals brought to the club and decisions to be made only by those with significant expertise in the relevant area.

I guess "significant" is a relative term. Unless it leads to actual change, I think it's highly debateable just how significant it is. (whats the saying about todays news being tomorrows chippy papers; the media will be back to talking Man Utd in no time I'm sure).

I wasn't poking fun; if people want to spend their afternoon waiving banners, have at it, I just think other than a bit of placaiting tokenism here and there, it's relatively futile (plus from one protest to the next, I'm not entirely clear on what exactly the objectives are: is it Mosh out or Mosh to change his ways and clear the board?).

As for Brands, I wonder how much of his sacking was pressure from the "chosen one FSW" and how much was due to being caught on camera saying to the fan "you think that's the only problem here" (or words to that affect). Massive coincedence he was gone a few days after that video; could have been the consequence of a banner though.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what affect any of this has. As much as I may agree with the point, I wont be holding my breath.
I can see what you mean to be honest , but again at least there having a go it’s better than doing nothing even if it’s for your own conscience hahaha

All that interview has done has reinforced my belief that the fan advisory board is a waste of time. How anyone can be content with the current board literally blows my mind.
The club and DBB in particular have been forcing through this Fan Advisory Board as a way of getting out in front of demands for something more radical...like a fan delegate having an actual place on the board.

Handing these lads the offer of a consultation every other boardroom session is an insult to all Evertonians.

I have no idea how DBB is well thought of by some; she's as cynical as Kenwright.

The club and DBB in particular have been forcing through this Fan Advisory Board as a way of getting out in front of demands for something more radical...like a fan delegate having an actual place on the board.

Handing these lads the offer of a consultation every other boardroom session is an insult to all Evertonians.

I have no idea how DBB is well thought of by some; she's as cynical as Kenwright.
The more that seems to emerge in regards to her the more dislikable she is I find.

I don't know Jazz, I'm sure he's a nice lad but when you've been so close to the club for so long, like others on the FAB, ESSG members, Fans Forum etc have been then of course they're not going to say a bad word about them.

They're too busy and love it for the ego.
Jazz is in the honeymoon period, he doesn't want to rock the boat. Still non the wiser after that interview.

We need change and the club needs to be ran properly with qualified people in the proper roles . Having fans at the ground 2 hours before a game with blue flares and clapping the bus is was wonderful. But it also is not sustainable or is it a long term plan that will help us to succeed. Our club as a business and as a football team is been run appallingly . It needs change .
I don't disagree mate, i just dont want to see Evertonians turn on each other again like they did then.

Back then though mate we weren’t that bad on the pitch we were regularly in Europe etc plus the media never really covered how bad we were being run it was more a case of gettin called plucky etc. Wev just nearly been relegated , are currently the only team to mess up the ffp and there’s a lot of coverage now in the media , ye always going to get happy clappers no matter what
As stated mate, I have no isI am just nervous that it leads to toxic infighting amongst the fans,
If the fanbase falls out we are utterly doomed. i don't think there has ever been a time when we have to keep everyone onside as much as possible. Some may disagree with methodology or even targets, and that has to be fine, so long as they dont turn gangster on the protesters. Similarly, the protesters have to keep their anger focussed on the culprits and not turn it inwards against fellow supporters

The thing is Bill would not have it any other way, one of the sticking points of the sale to Moshiri was Bill staying on as chairman.

As stated mate, I have no isI am just nervous that it leads to toxic infighting amongst the fans,
If the fanbase falls out we are utterly doomed. i don't think there has ever been a time when we have to keep everyone onside as much as possible. Some may disagree with methodology or even targets, and that has to be fine, so long as they dont turn gangster on the protesters. Similarly, the protesters have to keep their anger focussed on the culprits and not turn it inwards against fellow supporters
True this is a crap state of affairs to be in , I do think tho that results lack of signings etc will be the thing what will really turn up the pressure on the board it’s inevitable , downside to that though is it means we’re struggling on the pitch , I honestly can’t believe we’re in this situation

The chair of a fan advisory should be out meeting disgruntled fans and engaging with the wider fan base. He said he wasnt at Goodison because he has a wider role. Well that's fine, but if it doesn't involve going out and about engaging with other fans then what does it involve?

The FAB is not going to be reflective of the wider fan base and that interview reinforced it in my mind.

I dont want more fan involvement. I want better professionals brought to the club and decisions to be made only by those with significant expertise in the relevant area.

The biggest problem I have with this is;

With his 'generic Everton fan number 2627' hat on then he's perfectly in his right to have the opinion of being content with the board.

But he was being interviewed by Myers as and with his 'Jazz Bal Chair of Everton Football Club Fan Advisory Board' hat on.

Therefore he can have no opinion in that capacity, he's there to represent and convey the opinion the FAB which apparently represents the whole Everton fan base. Basically a middleman messager service.

That Jazz fella struck me as a puppet for the board and if he truly believes that they will listen to a word he says then I think he is deluded.
As you say his place today was to be at Goodison with the fans who were trying to gain publicity for a movement looking for the board to be removed not doing interviews at the Liver Buildings deflecting publicity away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.