2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with a 3 at the back should be deemed as adequate cover for a WB who tries to do a WB job. Obviously a WB up the pitch is not expected to defend a counter........they should be covered at all times. Team work is still something this team doesn't quite grasp but we all pray that they will sooner rather than later

I have never once even come in here to give an opinion on this lad, I think it's a disgrace anyone can give any sort of negative opinion based on the amount of time he has been on the pitch for us since we signed him, leave him a loan you bellends

Playing with a 3 at the back should be deemed as adequate cover for a WB who tries to do a WB job. Obviously a WB up the pitch is not expected to defend a counter........they should be covered at all times. Team work is still something this team doesn't quite grasp but we all pray that they will sooner rather than later
That's not what was happening. Patterson positioned himself in the opposition half, he wasn't getting caught out upfield after a counter attacking move.

Of course wing backs need players to slot in behind when they make a foray up the pitch, but that wasn't the case today. Others were covering that right side of the pitch while he remained high up the pitch. I know of no wing backs who play in that fashion.

What Patterson played today as was a winger.

Let's call a spade a spade here. He's is not a defender of any description, he is a winger. Full stop.

To be fair Dave was it not you who hated Baines, so your opinion on fullbacks has always been a bit ropey.

To be fair Dave was it not you who hated Baines, so your opinion on fullbacks has always been a bit ropey, welln

No, I didn't hate him. I didn't trust him, because he wasn't to be trusted. A cry baby who ran to the Echo behind his manager's back.

And I always said he was a very good winger but a very ropey defender.

"...to be fair".

No, I didn't hate him. I didn't trust him, because he wasn't to be trusted. A cry baby who ran to the Echo behind his manager's back.

And I always said he was a very good winger but a very ropey defender.

"...to be fair".
If Patterson turns out to be a very good winger but a ropey defender just like Baines then will you be happy with that.

Let’s call a spade a spade ….Davek is a raging Celtic fan and absolutely despises Patterson because he was signed from Scotlands No 1 club.

I couldn't give a monkey's about the Old Firm.

Welcome by the way.

dog_sniffing_footprint_trail_300_wht.gif

We got battered by a MLS side and won today against a Div 2 outfit.

I know you said "atm", but that's pretty immediate.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that set up today can cut it in the PL.
You’re attacking a straw man.

No i don’t know if it will be good enough for the league. The entire side in whatever formation showed itself to be barely good enough for the league a few months ago.

I said i thought it was our best lineup at the moment; that means better than the alternatives.

If Patterson turns out to be a very good winger but a ropey defender just like Baines then will you be happy with that.

He'll be nowhere near as good as Baines. The only reason Baines got away with what he did was because his delivery was extraordinary and he was a goal scorer too.

Baines was a poor defender because he was not prepared to get close to a forward. He wasn't that bad positionally and he could tackle. Neither of which are in Patterson's locker.

You’re attacking a straw man.

I said i thought it was our best at the moment; that means better than the alternatives. No i don’t know if it will be good enough for the league.

There is no altenative to Coleman starting at RB until we get another RB in, so that wouldn't be difficult.

Let's just all agree that Patterson isn't a defender - something conceded a few days ago - and we can all be happy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.