Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having no one is a better option than JJK getting onto the field.

Vinagre is a step up from Kenny (who isn’t) so it’s a smart low risk move if we can do it
It might not have been the first thing they noticed with our squad but I reckon when Lampard, Clement and Cole, who have spent their careers at elite clubs, came in they’d have been gobsmacked that at a top tier club there was only one natural left back available anywhere in the club in January. I remember checking and the only other player we had listed as a left back was Samuels-Smith, and at the time he was 15.

Having no one is a better option than JJK getting onto the field.

Vinagre is a step up from Kenny (who isn’t) so it’s a smart low risk move if we can do it

I'm always a bit suspicious when something is to good to be true.

Apparently his confidence fell to pieces after a 5-1 drubbing by Ajax were he was roasted by Antony and hasn't looked the same since also he had a few injuries that broke up his season.

Did a bit of digging as seemed a bit weird that sporting signed him this summer - so here's the real story, Wolves loaned him to Sporting as apparently Nuno was a massive fan, Lange had different ideas and wolves were well stocked. The deal was a season long loan deal and Sporting had an obligation to sign him this summer if they didn't get relegated which they duly have this summer, now it looks like we want him and are signing him on the same terms Sporting did last summer, loan with an option/obligation - for the same fee/wages.

Source:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/09/bl...en-reveals-bizarre-ruben-vinagre-loan-clause/

I'm always a bit suspicious when something is to good to be true.

Apparently his confidence fell to pieces after a 5-1 drubbing by Ajax were he was roasted by Antony and hasn't looked the same since also he had a few injuries that broke up his season.

Did a bit of digging as seemed a bit weird that sporting signed him this summer - so here's the real story, Wolves loaned him to Sporting as apparently Nuno was a massive fan, Lange had different ideas and wolves were well stocked. The deal was a season long loan deal and Sporting had an obligation to sign him this summer if they didn't get relegated which they duly have this summer, now it looks like we want him and are signing him on the same terms Sporting did last summer, loan with an option/obligation - for the same fee/wages.

Source:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/09/bl...en-reveals-bizarre-ruben-vinagre-loan-clause/
I'm not sure about too good to be true. We're talking about signing a lad who has struggled to establish himself at Wolves and now at Sporting. It's a punt, I have no issues with that because that's the position we're in, but I wouldn't necessarily go overboard about the potential upsides of it.

ie a freak lol
Yeah can't argue with that. Often wondered if being brought up in a right handed world my parents didn't know any better so i just got taught that way.

It gets even weirder when i play sports. Snooker & pool is left handed only. Tennis is right handed except for backhand which my brain can't process so i switch hands mid play & use my left then stay left until i need to switch to my right hand. I've been told it looks mad to watch me do it.
In boxing my left jab is great but my left hook is pathetic. My right jab is pathetic but my right hook is great.
Yeah I'm a freak.

Yeah can't argue with that. Often wondered if being brought up in a right handed world my parents didn't know any better so i just got taught that way.

It gets even weirder when i play sports. Snooker & pool is left handed only. Tennis is right handed except for backhand which my brain can't process so i switch hands mid play & use my left then stay left until i need to switch to my right hand. I've been told it looks mad to watch me do it.
In boxing my left jab is great but my left hook is pathetic. My right jab is pathetic but my right hook is great.
Yeah I'm a freak.

? mate hahahaha.

Bad attitude? In what way?

Constantly in the gossip columns (which is never an accident unless you and your agent are entertaining other clubs or trying to get your name out there) and hardly turned up for his team when they were in a relegation battle last year. Tells me all I need to know - not bothered about the football just wants a bigger paycheck at a bigger club. Swerve. Need hard workers not posers

It might not have been the first thing they noticed with our squad but I reckon when Lampard, Clement and Cole, who have spent their careers at elite clubs, came in they’d have been gobsmacked that at a top tier club there was only one natural left back available anywhere in the club in January. I remember checking and the only other player we had listed as a left back was Samuels-Smith, and at the time he was 15.
Yes really shocking that we sold Digne and only had mykolenko and a LB out on loan the fact Kenny was getting a game LB is also shocking tbh things this club begin to do is becoming less of a shock ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.