Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw him, Nkonkou looked quite handy going forward. In the absence of other options, could he be pushed up the pitch a bit as a wide player whilst we have Myko as left back and this other guy as cover.

Starts to give us options and allows us to use the squad more imaginatively
Yeah I’ve not watched him play much, missed him this pre season so must’ve been a couple of years ago now. But then he looked powerful going forward but suspect going back.

I’d hope with Richarlison going we’d actually sign a proper replacement though

This is a key issue.

I admired the way Lampard had us playing in the final 10 games, but it isn’t sustainable long term.

The „we’re going to run a little bit faster than you, we’re going to try a little bit harder than you, we’re going to want it a little bit more than you“ isn’t a viable option over a 38 game season.

A lot of sides will use their heads, pass it around us, wait for us to get tired and exploit the opportunities we give them. That will destroy us and we’ll lose any hope of avoiding another relegation battle.

We need a few players who can get the ball down, retain possession and play some football.

That doesn’t necessarily mean passing out from the back all the time or playing total football. But we need some players with a brain.

Who those players are I don’t know. Proven quality also costs a lot of money, which is a problem (especially with our transfer budget).

I guess this is where thelwell and the scouts come in. Fingers crossed they know of some players that we can actually afford.
Yeah we need a balance & Paul Clement said something similar to you in an interview the other day.

The ‘passion football’, as seen under Ferguson in 2 spells, runs out very quickly doesn’t it. The crowd home & away got them through it towards the end of the season. The energy & pre match stuff won’t last either

I'm an ex semi pro left footed player who is also right handed (LB,LWB,LW). We are wired very differently from your standard right footed player. @Paul Rideout explained it very well a few pages back. Regardless of the level, we are very one footed to the point of it being a little embarrassing if asked to play continuously just on our right peg.
On our left peg though we seem to carry an ability to use it better than most righties can on thier right peg. I have no idea why that is but it's why a lefty stands out. Its like all our abilities are concentrated on one foot rather than spread about. If a right footer has a 70/30 split across both pegs then a lefty tends to be more 90/10. That means a better first touch & a better cross. A lot of lefties tend to be quick too & carry quite the power in thier strikes & hit them cleaner. Left footed players are from young brought up in a right sided world so we learn the game differently. It's what makes us stand out but we realise our flaws quickly too which is anything in the first 2/3rds of the pitch on the right hand side. We love the last third but become one trick ponies & get found out fast when constantly cutting inside because we are too crap to cross on our right peg.
There are of course exceptions but my point is a generalisation about left sided players at all levels.

Based on the friendlies its looking like we are going for 98% possession by letting Mina and Godfrey pass it to each other, over and over again, with the occasional daring 1-2 with First Time Tom, before recommencing. Once 4,237 passes have been made they are instructed to pass to Tarks who has been given the role of chief hoofer. From there it’s all up to DCL to win us the league whilst simultaneously trying to regain match fitness.
Oh brill, I’ve missed the pre season games this time around so only seen highlights online. Sounds like we’re playing some good stuff…

Aarons is being / has been chased by top continental clubs. He cant help it if Norwich are rubbish.
Nah that was just his agent floating rumours to get him a move away. He is a wantaway player with a bad attitude and we shouldn't be in the market for anyone who is rumoured to be in the market for that reason. We need loyalty not anyone who is looking to jump ship the minute they get relegated

Oh and he also got found out last year for being woeful

What you all seem to be forgetting is, after a year out, Davies and Gbammin will be like new signings.

On a serious note if Kev doesn’t pull his finger out and get a striker and some creativity soon, we are going to be in serious trouble. I can see about 10 goals all season in this squad.
Neither Davies nor Gbamin are premier league quality. So having them available again is more of a cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.