Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they are willing to take their 40 million over 40 annual instalments I can’t see this happening.

Again, it really does depend on the structure of the deal. Supposedly a lot of the PL teams we have been trying to deal with want huge chunks upfront.

We could afford to pay this if spread out I'm sure. The issue would be that we would have to offer him a 4 or 5 year contract to spread the fee at our end for P&S compliance. You then have to ask if that is at all wise with a player that is 28.

Rodriguez would be almost the perfect signing for our weakest position, for that reason alone we probably have no interest, even if somehow we did unless Betis are the real life Jack then they won't accept payment in 'magic beans'

That's like saying we shouldn't have signed Baines because he played for a struggling Wigan.

Well no it's not. Clearly not.

Baines was a quality player, and proved it over a decade. Aarons is nowhere near that level. I'm not having a debate over Baines either. You may not like him personally and that's up to you, but his quality is not up for debate.

You keep going on about needing solid defensively minded full backs, yet you want to sign one of the weakest defensively, who is also one of the most attacking, who is also off the back of a pretty terrible season . I'm sorry but I can't take this seriously.

lol

That reaction is comical. I honestly burst out laughing.

Why on earth is it so outrageous for a left footed player to start as a RB?

Kyle Walker Peters and Livaremento plays both sides because they worked on it. Can we not believe Mykolenko can adapt to that?

As said, there's a statistical obstacle only to left footers staring at RB. Only 10% of the population are left sided.
The question is not so much "can he?" but more "why would he?"

As has been said before, the right footed left back is a thing because left footed players are less common.

Also, we have like 6 players who can play right back if we need, why would we train our starting left back to play there?

The question is not so much "can he?" but more "why would he?"

As has been said before, the right footed left back is a thing because left footed players are less common.

Also, we have like 6 players who can play right back if we need, why would we train our starting left back to play there?

I think at this point Dave would be happy for Begovic or Pickford to play at full back if it meant Patterson sat on the bench lol

Talking utter bollox constantly....GUILTY MY LORD !!!!!
I was thinking it might have been yet another thread ban looming!

Well no it's not. Clearly not.

Baines was a quality player, and proved it over a decade. Aarons is nowhere near that level. I'm not having a debate over Baines either. You may not like him personally and that's up to you, but his quality is not up for debate.

You keep going on about needing solid defensively minded full backs, yet you want to sign one of the weakest defensively, who is also one of the most attacking, who is also off the back of a pretty terrible season . I'm sorry but I can't take this seriously.
Aarons is being / has been chased by top continental clubs. He cant help it if Norwich are rubbish.

Again, it really does depend on the structure of the deal. Supposedly a lot of the PL teams we have been trying to deal with want huge chunks upfront.

We could afford to pay this if spread out I'm sure. The issue would be that we would have to offer him a 4 or 5 year contract to spread the fee at our end for P&S compliance. You then have to ask if that is at all wise with a player that is 28.
Yeah, I think 40 million is a very unrealistic asking price but even if a much better deal could be structured it’s all about the age. Every deal we do really needs to have some potential for profit if we’re going to get out of the mess. They signed him for pennies two summers ago. That’s the point where we need to be getting these guys.

Not 29 until April, actually been improving as he's getting older, you'd expect him at 32 to still be close to his current level. 30m deal spread over 4/5 years, 10m on add-ons that would only kick in next season and the one after.

Would only be 6m euros on this years P&S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back