Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully get a few more over the line this week. Would feel more confident with a number six in the forward we can wait if necessary.

Am I right in thinking you are allowed two loans from other PL clubs and two from abroad?

Tried to google it and all the results only talked about the two PL loans but I am sure you are allowed extra from abroad unless it has changed

Lingard isn't that much of a silly signing really. Yes it's huge wages but it works out about £10m,as the £200k was accounting for his sign-on fee and he's only on a year contract. If he replicates his West Ham form, or close to it, across the season then he's probably going to ensure their safety.
I said it when we were linked, but the few months of decent form for West Ham is the exception to his career, not the rule.

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say he’ll look like a waste of money come the end of the season.

I am not disputing what u are saying, it is a risk. But the alternative was, at least imo, a 100% guarantee of relegation. They have given themselves a chance and I assume they have been smart enough to have relegation pay cuts etc and they should have a decent team to get an immediate promotion. Yes, they are spending a bag load of cash but they are going to earn that bag load of cash next season and they have guaranteed 2 yrs of parachute payments if they go down. I like the ambition of going for it and not trying to pocket the PL money as Norwich do every second year
It was reported at one point he was asking for £8m signing on fee from West Ham. The overall package will probably be somewhere around £15m

Clubs that don't wrap up their recruitment by June are paying very high prices when they inquire about players. Season about to begin, selling clubs dont want changes. I'm not happy with this summers recruitment.
We are not shopping solely in that market. We are also in the trying to get good deals on players surplus to requirement at elite clubs. On deadline day a Winks loan with a £20m obligation to buy just becomes a loan with an option to buy as an example

Just idly clicking my way around transfermarkt...

Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic has one year left on his contract. 6'6" tall, full Austrian international, 25 years old. Injured for part of last season but got 6 goals and 2 assists in 15 games. In the 20/21 season he recorded 17 goals and 6 assists in 36 games.

Also with Stuttgart: Silas. Plays wide right primarily, but can also go up front. 6'2", Congolese international, 23 years old. Contract expires summer 2024. Missed a fair chunk of last season with two injuries (cruciate ligament, shoulder) but 13 goals and 5 assists in 27 games in 20/21.

Sadly neither of them has any experience of playing for Wolves.

I do think we're going to have to bring in three or four more loans to have any real chance of staying up this season. Either of these guys would be worth a try IMHO.

Just idly clicking my way around transfermarkt...

Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic has one year left on his contract. 6'6" tall, full Austrian international, 25 years old. Injured for part of last season but got 6 goals and 2 assists in 15 games. In the 20/21 season he recorded 17 goals and 6 assists in 36 games.

Also with Stuttgart: Silas. Plays wide right primarily, but can also go up front. 6'2", Congolese international, 23 years old. Contract expires summer 2024. Missed a fair chunk of last season with two injuries (cruciate ligament, shoulder) but 13 goals and 5 assists in 27 games in 20/21.

Sadly neither of them has any experience of playing for Wolves.

I do think we're going to have to bring in three or four more loans to have any real chance of staying up this season. Either of these guys would be worth a try IMHO.
You had me at ‘injured’.

Hopefully Vinagre turns out to be ok or better. It's no risk in real terms. There used to be something immensely satisfying about getting players like this and turning them into bargains in the best sense of the term. The club has forgotten what it's like to do that.

It's far from saying all is well, but I'm actually comfortable with these types of signings, if we can rediscover how to do them right, then it's great to see.

Which makes Lingard look like a bargain imo and they have only 1 year commitment.

Bloody hell, 10.5m a year for Gomez is a mare. No wonder u have FFP challenges.

Tbf mate, you have Gerrard as manager who is god damned terrible, you're also following our strategy of overpaying on ageing faded or dross.

You'll be back down a few divisions soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.