Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pragmatic over signings this summer. I will take whatever improves the squad and keeps us up. It's working with what little we've got, to spend. Unfortunately, he is better than anyone else we have at the moment.
I'm very much the same.
Given the mess we're in, stability and simply being better than last year is the target.
I'm sure there are cheaper, better ways of doing things, i'm sure our scouting network could look beyond Wolves, Chelsea and Ex Everton Players but this appears to be the way we are doing it and like it or not, thanks to years of mismanagement we are limited in how we do business and if teams don't want to trade with us on our terms we have to move on.
I imagine the likes of Gana and Barkley are pretty low down our list of options but if they do a job and allow us to maybe make 1/2 long-term signings like McNeil and Broja (hopefully) then I'll get on board with that for now.

I'm very much the same.
Given the mess we're in, stability and simply being better than last year is the target.
I'm sure there are cheaper, better ways of doing things, i'm sure our scouting network could look beyond Wolves, Chelsea and Ex Everton Players but this appears to be the way we are doing it and like it or not, thanks to years of mismanagement we are limited in how we do business and if teams don't want to trade with us on our terms we have to move on.
I imagine the likes of Gana and Barkley are pretty low down our list of options but if they do a job and allow us to maybe make 1/2 long-term signings like McNeil and Broja (hopefully) then I'll get on board with that for now.
Am the same Ross and gana are better than what we have got don’t mind them coming in

Comparing the Gana and Barkley situations is false equivalence: Gana may be older, but he's still been playing fairly regularly for the best team in France.

He has gained invaluable experience including at the highest level of the domestic game - UCL - with his departure an amicable one.

On a short-term deal, I think Gueye could offer a lot and it's more likely he'll improve us than not. On the other hand, Barkley appears to offer little to nothing.

He appears to have declined as a footballer since leaving, evidenced by struggling to start for Chelsea and not particularly shining at Villa - that's me being nice.

It's a deal that, if true, wreaks of both desperation and sentiment, and a deal that I can't see benefiting the club.

Comparing the Gana and Barkley situations is false equivalence: Gana may be older, but he's still been playing fairly regularly for the best team in France.

He has gained invaluable experience including at the highest level of the domestic game - UCL - with his departure an amicable one.

On a short-term deal, I think Gueye could offer a lot and it's more likely he'll improve us than not. On the other hand, Barkley appears to offer little to nothing.

He appears to have declined as a footballer since leaving, evidenced by struggling to start for Chelsea and not particularly shining at Villa - that's me being nice.

It's a deal that, if true, wreaks of both desperation and sentiment, and a deal that I can't see benefit the club.
It reeks of Kenwright.

It's a deal that, if true, wreaks of both desperation and sentiment, and a deal that I can't see benefiting the club.
it's 100% desperation. This is the football club Moshiri and Kenwright have built.

When you look at our midfield options it's clear we need reinforcements. When fit, it is only Allan and Doucoure.
- Gbamin would be used for cover but is injury prone.
- Davies and Dele aren't good enough.
- Gomes has fallen out of favour and needs to go.
- Warrington is young and needs to be loaned out.

I don't mind Barkley because he is offers something different and would help the team.

The problem I see with Barclay is the same problem that separates top players from the also ranks and that is consistency. He was exactly the same when he played for us. You'd get 9 out of ten 1 week and 4 out of ten the next 2 weeks. That's why he's never kicked on.

it's 100% desperation. This is the football club Moshiri and Kenwright have built.
I would view it as pragmatic.

We "seem" to be putting some pieces in place. a lot of players allowed to go at end of contracts (we wanted this). sorting out the coaching staff (we wanted this), brought in a CB (we wanted this), youngsters going on loan after we have sorted their contracts. The thing that is not great is selling our best player but it feels like this was to save FFP and P&S issues and we are having to use what money we have sparingly adding to numbers with free transfers and loans. if we can get a couple of years out of gana then I am go with that on the basis that we will be looking for long term replacements in future windows. Barkley not so sure about.

I am may be glass half full be I think I can see positive change.

I would have loved to get hold of Gallagher on loan but it looks like that boat has sailed

Status
Not open for further replies.