Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! no he never, Rooney didn't want to go at all. But if we didn't sell him we'd of probably gone into administration because we needed to pay debts.

Kenwright forced him out and then let a 18 year old kid take the brunt of the fanbase because he's to much of a coward to admit he made a mistake.
Here you go

Straight from the horses mouth. He didn't want to play for Chelsea. Knew it meant we would get less money but he only wanted to play for United.

I think people are exaggerating how much he has declined. Based on the games I watched of him at Chelsea he is more or less the same player who left us, a technically sound but fundamentally flawed footballer who stalled massively after his debut season. Not good enough for the top 6 or maybe top 8 but I think you could slot him into most sides outside that and he wouldn't look terribly out of place (granted he probably wouldn't tear it up either).

People will bring up his time at Villa but from memory he started decent and then had an argument with the manager and barely got picked again. He is still capable of magic moments such as his contribution against Southampton last season where he pulled out a god tier pass to change the game that no one in our squad bar Dele could manage.

If the choice is him or no one then I choose him, if there are realistic alternatives then happy to swerve him

Last edited:
Is it up there with FSW?
We're in a poor state of affairs.
Anything is an Improvement?
Not patronising you mate,but you think there's a player in him,still?
Glass half full,but,he needs an arm around him ,Frank will give him that.

…I don’t think it’s as bad as Benitez but it’s a further sign of the loss of values and integrity in the club.

i wasn’t a fan of Barkley when he was here, Matey. I was critical of what he doesn’t do off the ball from before he broke into the team. I wasn’t surprised when Moyes said he couldn’t be trusted. He was capable of brilliance, one of his first goals at Norwich was wow, but I never warmed to his attitude on the pitch and he’s a liability off it.

i wasn’t overly bothered by the manner of his leaving, I was just happy he’d gone. A real blow if he comes back.

We would have had to have been there to know that. All we know is that he walked into that medical with Chelsea in full knowing of his injury situation and still wanting to sign him for over 30 mill. Then something happened which resulted in him sitting out the rest of the season with us paying for him and looking after him and then having to sell him to the same club for about 20 million less and fully fit.

We were had by them both i would say but we will never know what actually went on, only that we were shafted.

Chelsea were interested the season prior. Went for him that summer. He got crocked. They still wanted him...but no doubt his agent and Chelsea told him to hold off, get a better wage, possible fee, in Jan.

He was useless for half a season regardless for either team, yet we "covered" his rehab for him to then go.

Purely business when you think about it. More I do, the more I blame the board for being spineless and making him leave for £35mill that summer. Chelsea knew what they were doing and we let it happen.

Here you go

Straight from the horses mouth. He didn't want to play for Chelsea. Knew it meant we would get less money but he only wanted to play for United.

Nice one for finding this.

Sounds like he was willing to give us a few more years before moving on. Seen as we were regular top 6 back then who knows how good things might've been.

Everton...that

Suggest you watch the interview he did with Bellew...he basically said he didn't want to leave Everton but we needed to sell. When he found out that we were trying to sell him to the highest bidder i.e. Chelsea he flat out refused and said he would only go to United.

So basically they had us over a barrel as we had no choice but to sell to United for less money.

Was nothing to do with Kenwright supposedly knocking back a £40m bid which is what you suggested.

Hes a united legend, whats he supposed to say "well tbh I would of gone wherever" uses your brain lad. You think everything a manager says is true as well.

Don’t know why people that outraged about him coming back tbh. It’s not even close to being on the same scale as hiring Benitez or Alladyce was. He’s just a player who actually , when you strip away the faux outrage, improves us. He’s not great but we are skint.

See you have differing stories

1) He messed up a medical. Could be done by say substance abuse etc , not saying that happened
2) The sorry we were led to believe was he never got to being examined as the info sent from Everton prior to the medical would have been a waste of time.

But even so if he was worth £30 million or whatever why did he eventually go for £15 million ? Simply that was all the market decreed he was worth and as it turned out you pulled our pants down for even that much

His agent was pushing stories about him being "badly treated" for most of the season.

Same agent was trying to drum up interest and Chelsea bid £35mil for him.

Barkley trots down to Chelsea. Has a meeting with them and his agent...then claims he's not taking a medical and will wait till Jan to decide what to do when hes fully fit.

Jan comes around and he goes to Chelsea for £15mil.

Strongly rumoured to have gotten a better contract for saving Chelsea / costing Everton £20mil.

Later removes all trace of Everton (tattoos / social media etc)

Claims he never had any issue under Koeman

Caught several times behaving badly including offering people out while off his nuts in the Radisson Mayfair at 5am with Dele Alli.

Totally unwanted by any club...rat

Nice one for finding this.

Sounds like he was willing to give us a few more years before moving on. Seen as we were regular top 6 back then who knows how good things might've been.

Everton...that
No denying he was effectively forced out because we were desperate for the money.

Blame Kenwright for that, we should never have been in the position where we had to sell the best young talent in a generation for a pittance.

That being said...we'd have got a much better deal had we been able to sell Rooney to Chelsea. Can't really blame the lad for going to United though, I doubt I'd have wanted to go to London at his age and United were the better team anyway.

Why haven't we been scouting young, hungry, talented players? Ross has been done for years now.

He will come back here, have one or two decent matches and then stink the place out for the rest of the season. It's Rooney all over again.

I don't even know why I think things will change with Everton because they just never will.

His agent was pushing stories about him being "badly treated" for most of the season.

Same agent was trying to drum up interest and Chelsea bid £35mil for him.

Barkley trots down to Chelsea. Has a meeting with them and his agent...then claims he's not taking a medical and will wait till Jan to decide what to do when hes fully fit.

Jan comes around and he goes to Chelsea for £15mil.

Strongly rumoured to have gotten a better contract for saving Chelsea / costing Everton £20mil.

Later removes all trace of Everton (tattoos / social media etc)

Claims he never had any issue under Koeman

Caught several times behaving badly including offering people out while off his nuts in the Radisson Mayfair at 5am with Dele Alli.

Totally unwanted by any club...rat

….regardless of all that, he’s not very good. Also, let’s not forget, that was a major muscle injury he had whilst with us.

He likes being a footballer but i don’t think playing football matters to him anymore. We need players who play like the game matters.

We would have had to have been there to know that. All we know is that he walked into that medical with Chelsea in full knowing of his injury situation and still wanting to sign him for over 30 mill. Then something happened which resulted in him sitting out the rest of the season with us paying for him and looking after him and then having to sell him to the same club for about 20 million less and fully fit.

We were had by them both i would say but we will never know what actually went on, only that we were shafted.

Do you really think he would have passed that medical with the injury ??

You even explain it yourself...."he walked into that medical with Chelsea in full knowing of his injury situation"

So basicly, he tried to go to them while injured !?!

The injury was flagged in the medical, the travsfer was stopped. While it was unfortunate for us, how is that Ross' fault ?? and how has HE cost us money ?

I get not liking him because he wanted to leave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.