Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st goal. Opened up his body to take the pass in a forward motion. Carried the ball with ease. Drop of the shoulder to wrong foot the defender enough to make enough space for the shot. Bang. Finished.

This has been the issue with Evertons midfield for a few years now. None look at ease running with the ball and certainly have no composure.

Great to see that last night. Early days but If he can handle himself in a more central role i hope thats where he eventually ends up.

I like the approach scouting wise, they have seen a player but recognised different instructions could increase his performance and value

…bottom line is he’s a talented footballer. Won’t go far wrong signing good players on reasonable contracts.

Blend is so important, having players who you feel will be on the same wavelength.
It's about time we did something positive in the transfer market, he seems to have all of the fundamentals and if he buys into the coaching he could be a rare decent purchase for us.

Peoples obsession with pace needs to stop. Heard loads saying he's not fast. The lad can carry the ball quicker than most which is more important than running fast in a straight line.

…he’s elegant and a decent runner rather than being rapid. His defensive stats suggests he’s not easy to go past which is the problem with so many of our midfielders.

…he’s elegant and a decent runner rather than being rapid. His defensive stats suggests he’s not easy to go past which is the problem with so many of our midfielders.
Peoples obsession with pace needs to stop. Heard loads saying he's not fast. The lad can carry the ball quicker than most which is more important than running fast in a straight line.
I totally agree, people are obsessed with speed. Pace is important but you need a blend of runners and ball players. Nothing moves quicker than the ball. No one asked Zidane or Bergkamp to do lung bursting sprints but god could they play the game, with passion and intelligence. I think McNeil could unlock a bit of magic in some other players in our team given time. He looks a versatile intelligent player. Time will tell.

I had reservations about him signing for us, but after watching last night I couldn't have been more wrong.

Two well taken goals on a dream debut and he's only 22.

Made up for the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.