Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why attitude concerns? I don't have any knowledge of his attitude but I'm not aware of him having any notoriety for being trouble.

I guess going for Cornet and McNeil would seem like an odd move. Raiding forward players from a team that struggled to score goals. But I think this was more down to system then their actual ability. And cornet had numbers comparable to Richarlison in terms of goal output.

I still think the fact he can play anywhere in the front 3 and can fill in as a wing back if things are really dire still makes him a viable and sensible option.

If we were signing him from Lyon, people would be more keen. I'm sure of it.
Posed it as a question because on the face of it 17.5 million seems good value yet even clubs with no financial issues seem to be bailing at paying it. I’ve seen it hinted at like here that there are concerns about something, and just think maybe we switched from him to McNeill because Tarkowski gave an opinion. But no, nothing concrete just seems odd he hasn’t been snapped up.

Weirdly both the Chelsea players are at their 'max' sake price atm imo.

Gilmour goes I to next Summer on one year left - so they risk him going for nothing the season after (development fee I think) and can't see why he'd extend given he's obviously in the shop window.

Gallacher is coming off a great loan season - got capped for England, but if he stays at Chelsea this season I think the shine will come off him hugely as he'll be a bit part player along with RLC etc and playing in that deep pivot role will stunt him hugely I think.
He stays then I feel his stock will massively drop.
I think he’s staying at Chelsea but yeah if I were him I’d ask for another loan to Palace or here. He just broke in to England’s set up but he’s definitely not going to the World Cup if he isn’t playing regularly. It’s a huge gamble on his part, but you have to respect someone pursuing their dreams at club level.

I’d be very surprised if Gilmour isn’t available for a permanent transfer, though.

Posed it as a question because on the face of it 17.5 million seems good value yet even clubs with no financial issues seem to be bailing at paying it. I’ve seen it hinted at like here that there are concerns about something, and just think maybe we switched from him to McNeill because Tarkowski gave an opinion. But no, nothing concrete just seems odd he hasn’t been snapped up.

I'd be cautious about signing him, considering he didn't even know he'd permanently joined Burnley last season and thought it was a loan..Alarm bells going off with that lad.

Don’t understand the persistent Cornet shouts. Just don’t need him whatsoever. We have Dele, Gordon, Gray, McNeil and Townsend for those wide forward positions.

We need an actual striker, a defensive mid, a proper old school centre mid and if it was Christmas a left-sided CB and cover for Patterson & Coleman.
McNeil > Cornet

Screenshot_20220730-084049_Twitter.jpg

To echo what Tony's Carp was saying

We just loaned in a left wing back who can also play left mid, and we just bought a left winger mate, cornet mskes zero sense now

I think my underlying issue with this is that I still don't have a lot of confidence with our wing options, McNeil should be a good signing but I think Gray and Gordon are largely hit and miss, so I still think a player who can play as a winger is necessary. McNeil was an extra for me rather than Richy's direct replacement.

I would prefer a CF back up in the mould of Cornet because he would contribute outside of just being DCL's back up. Signing an out and out striker who would only contribute when DCL isn't playing isn't ideal. I think we should go with someone like Richy who can play in all 3 forward positions, to solve 2 issues with the squad. He can play instead of Gordon and Gray if they are out of form and can serve as DCL's back up.

I think the fact he can manipulate the ball and recycle it well says he would improve us not always as a starter but definitely as an option. Look at our current set of midfielders he's better than Davies and Gomes.

He might go on to be better than Gomes but we would be taking him on loan for 1 season. Gomes had some effect in a few games coming on in the last 20 mins when the pace has slowed. I think Gilmour would be similar based on what I saw when he played for Norwich

I'd be cautious about signing him, considering he didn't even know he'd permanently joined Burnley last season and thought it was a loan..Alarm bells going off with that lad.
He didn’t?!

This was a meme based on the fact that their manager was called Michael Jackson and the punchline was “you are not a loan”

For some reason lots of people in football believed it to be true.

Reactions: kev
what he say mate
He just said that he understand the fans want players in as does he. He also said there are positions in the team that he wants to strengthen and needs to be strengthened. He also went onto to say that due to internationals this summer, that pre season for most teams has been distributed. And teams want to see all there players before they make a decision. Could he reference to a few played at Chelsea we want.

presuming Lampard started his first XI last night but may have been swayed to include McNeil for Chelsea, The big gaps are still very visible in central midfield and having to bring on Dele as a false 9. With Vinagre and McNeil we have brought in wide creation cover but I dont think we have replaced Richy in his role as back up CF to DCL. I am thinking Holgate might go to a newly promoted team based onhis PL experience, but we might need a couplke of outs next.
On Idrissa, he is a better Allan in many respects but both are ageing.

He just said that he understand the fans want players in as does he. He also said there are positions in the team that he wants to strengthen and needs to be strengthened. He also went onto to say that due to internationals this summer, that pre season for most teams has been distributed. And teams want to see all there players before they make a decision. Could he reference to a few played at Chelsea we want.
Sounds very likely doesn't it

Status
Not open for further replies.