Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the 3 I want I think. Cornet and Dele will serve as different back up options to DCL.
I’m not fussed about Cornet, the appeal for me was his versatility but in Vinagre and McNeill we have players for two of his positions and just as a centre forward I’m not sure he’s good enough to justify the outlay.

It’s also a bit of a red flag for me that 17.5 seems like a reasonable price but although half the league’s been linked with him none seem to be willing to pay it. Attitude concerns?

I would be happy with that. Would imagine Gallagher would be a loan. So what price would Chelsea be looking at for Gimour hopefully not to much.

I'm guessing 10m+ like 5m in add-ons.

His stock really fell last season, they did the extension to keep him at two years on his contract - so if they do t sell this summer his price plummets next season.

So would only put like 2m on the P&S books and he's on crappy low wages

I’m not fussed about Cornet, the appeal for me was his versatility but in Vinagre and McNeill we have players for two of his positions and just as a centre forward I’m not sure he’s good enough to justify the outlay.

It’s also a bit of a red flag for me that 17.5 seems like a reasonable price but although half the league’s been linked with him none seem to be willing to pay it. Attitude concerns?

Why attitude concerns? I don't have any knowledge of his attitude but I'm not aware of him having any notoriety for being trouble.

I guess going for Cornet and McNeil would seem like an odd move. Raiding forward players from a team that struggled to score goals. But I think this was more down to system then their actual ability. And cornet had numbers comparable to Richarlison in terms of goal output.

I still think the fact he can play anywhere in the front 3 and can fill in as a wing back if things are really dire still makes him a viable and sensible option.

If we were signing him from Lyon, people would be more keen. I'm sure of it.

From your mouth to Todd Boehley and his consortium of American investors ear's, mate.

Weirdly both the Chelsea players are at their 'max' sake price atm imo.

Gilmour goes I to next Summer on one year left - so they risk him going for nothing the season after (development fee I think) and can't see why he'd extend given he's obviously in the shop window.

Gallacher is coming off a great loan season - got capped for England, but if he stays at Chelsea this season I think the shine will come off him hugely as he'll be a bit part player along with RLC etc and playing in that deep pivot role will stunt him hugely I think.
He stays then I feel his stock will massively drop.

Don’t like either but given the choice I would go Gilmour as there is less danger of his purchase negatively effecting the fan base or squad harmony. Neither player has shown any recent form to suggest they could improve us
I think the fact he can manipulate the ball and recycle it well says he would improve us not always as a starter but definitely as an option. Look at our current set of midfielders he's better than Davies and Gomes.

Why attitude concerns? I don't have any knowledge of his attitude but I'm not aware of him having any notoriety for being trouble.

I guess going for Cornet and McNeil would seem like an odd move. Raiding forward players from a team that struggled to score goals. But I think this was more down to system then their actual ability. And cornet had numbers comparable to Richarlison in terms of goal output.

I still think the fact he can play anywhere in the front 3 and can fill in as a wing back if things are really dire still makes him a viable and sensible option.

If we were signing him from Lyon, people would be more keen. I'm sure of it.

We just loaned in a left wing back who can also play left mid, and we just bought a left winger mate, cornet mskes zero sense now

Gana and Gilmour seem the likeliest 2 in next, think the priority after that has to be a forward though, think Cornet fits the bill in terms of versatility like Richy was, at the moment another injury to DCL and we’re stuck with Rondon up front again which would be disastrous.

Gana and Gilmour seem the likeliest 2 in next, think the priority after that has to be a forward though, think Cornet fits the bill in terms of versatility like Richy was, at the moment another injury to DCL and we’re stuck with Rondon up front again which would be disastrous.
Agree, I do think Alli could play as a false nine he would be my choice before Rondon

Status
Not open for further replies.