2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't get the DCL hate. I'm not exactly his biggest fan as I think he's REALLY limited in what he does but what he does he does really really well. He's usually really good in the air, he gets absolutely garbage goals which count the same as blammos, he's got pace. He's absolutely awful at 1 on 1s tho. But he's not an unlikable bloke at all. He needs to show consistency as most of his goals have come in patches of 10-12 matches then done very little in the other ones.

I don't get the DCL hate. I'm not exactly his biggest fan as I think he's REALLY limited in what he does but what he does he does really really well. He's usually really good in the air, he gets absolutely garbage goals which count the same as blammos, he's got pace. He's absolutely awful at 1 on 1s tho. But he's not an unlikable bloke at all. He needs to show consistency as most of his goals have come in patches of 10-12 matches then done very little in the other ones.
Needs the supply & Deli Ali just behind him upfront ..... as a lone striker with no supply any no 9 would look poor .....

Maybe the DCL hate has something to do with people being unable to praise him without pointing out what they don't like about it?
There always seems to be a 'but' which affords those who prefer to go for the jugglar the encouragement to do so

Maybe the DCL hate has something to do with people being unable to praise him without pointing out what they don't like about it?
There always seems to be a 'but' which affords those who prefer to go for the jugglar the encouragement to do so
So i can't mention what i don't like about him as a player without saying he's really good at other parts? I don't care, at all, what he does off the pitch as long as it's not against the law. We that he does on the pitch is what I care about. Why can't I say that he's really good at snatching goals, getting in good positions, good in the air and say what are my perceived downfalls are of his? I'm not slating him.

Who hates him? What have I missed?

Can be useful if we play to his strengths but he'll never be a top striker. For the transfer fee we paid though he's performing and progressing well and is an asset that will make a substantial profit once / if sold.

I, like many others, couldn't care less how he dresses or what adverts he appears in if he does the business for Everton. If he doesn't perform then naturally people will question whether he is distracted in some way.

That's human nature.

So i can't mention what i don't like about him as a player without saying he's really good at other parts? I don't care, at all, what he does off the pitch as long as it's not against the law. We that he does on the pitch is what I care about. Why can't I say that he's really good at snatching goals, getting in good positions, good in the air and say what are my perceived downfalls are of his? I'm not slating him.
I didn't say you can't. I said that it contributes to the 'DCL hate' that you said you don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.