• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when did we as a club or football in general start selecting, buying / refusing to buy players based on perceived moral standpoints.

It has never been the case and even if it had been that went out the window when the PL allowed the Newcastle take over.
We as a club say we are inclusive and intolerant of intolerance. We say the game is for everybody regardless of age, gender, religion or sexual orientation.

Indeed, we do an enormous amount of work in our local community in an attempt to engage fans from all walks of life.

What upsets a lot of people - myself included - then, is when we seem to be about to employ someone who believes that a decent section of our support does not have the right to love who they choose. It isn’t “political” as much as some people would like to use that as a cop out, it’s a very, very simple case of him seeing LGBTQ+ folks as less worthy of basic rights and courtesies than everyone else.

If someone were to abuse him from the stands based on his race we would all, rightly, want that fan banned from our games for life. Personally, I would rather we don’t employ players who hold views in such fundamental opposition to those our club’s supposed values, regardless of how good they are or what kind of need they fill.

Also, for someone with such excellent legal knowledge, “Newcastle started it!” isn’t a great argument for us abandoning our principles (again, given the Stake sponsorship).

Well no, this is the "should we sign this player" thread.

So his beliefs are very much on topic for this thread.
Be better to discuss football matters here and what Tshirts he is or isn't wearing in the Ale Houe, I'd say. Getting a bit tedeous when looking to see if we signed him yet only to see a cohort of Tshirt fetishists making the football forum about their opinions on freedoms, sexuality, religion and fashion design.

Be better to discuss football matters here and what Tshirts he is or isn't wearing in the Ale Houe, I'd say. Getting a bit tedeous when looking to see if we signed him yet only to see a cohort of Tshirt fetishists making the football forum about their opinions on freedoms, sexuality, religion and fashion design.
As I said previously, im fickle and I only care how he performs on the pitch.

What if the players wear yellow and blue laces in support of the Ukraine and he refuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.