Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am. Going to be relying on home form and the fans to get us over the line again.
I disagree. I think enough good is happening that goals will come, especially when we start playing with two real midfielders.

I'd like to improve the front 3 but I think it is ok

By the way: Villa are absolute 'kin tosh.

Never mind all the nonsense about chances missed, they were there for the taking by any other PL team today.

Everton just handed them a hand out of the starting gates today.

To right Dave if we had a striker upfront we could have got the 3 points.

Need to go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

I really was hoping for us to get our first win today, it is tough being on this spot but the last few minutes I saw some promising plays by Onana so let’s hope next week we’ll do what we couldn’t accomplish today. Going forward is the only way for Everton, but we also need to sign one.

If there's any positives to be taken, I though the back 3 were reasonably solid. As I said earlier, they were let down by the soft centre of our midfield, constantly loosing possession and putting them under pressure. Holgate pick of the 3 for me.

Iwobi was tireless throughout, other than that the rest of them were mostly useless.

Despite his early cock-up, Onana was promising, if we can get Gueye in as well and solidify the midfield, that solves one big problem.

Goals are going to be very hard to come by though unless the striker situation is sorted ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.