Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not winning any games without a new forward. Gordon is a nothing player, Gray is either on fire or running up blind alleys and McNeil just doesn't suit the role he's been given. Rondon is Rondon.

Other than that, of course Onana would usually be on for Doucoure, but he only just arrived at the club. Be patient, we're obviously looking for reinforcements, the manager knows from last season that these players can't cut it.

We must be the most disjointed team in the league in attack. At least the defence looks a little more robust.

Badly badly badly cack.
Bit of pressure on as villas legs fell off late on.
Three back passes (amazing ones) first half consecutively on their 6 yard line.
Seem afraid of having a pop.
Appear to be setup to ping the ball out of cb/keeper to either flank, and then run out of ideas. play for a set piece then trash the delivery. no joined up play, no joined up thinking. cant blame dcl being out cos we aint a one man team. we havent scored yet, digne plays for villa now. bad vs chelsea but was written off and now this.
Forest Fleetwood and Brentford cant wait for us not to show up.

Dross!

GK: Pickford
RCB: Holgate
CB: Coady
LCB: Tarkowski
RWB: Patterson
LWB: Mykolenko
CM: Onana
CM: Iwobi
RW: McNeil
LW: Gordon
ST: Rondon

I had this down as my starting eleven and on the evidence of the final 15 minutes, it seems as though it certainly should have been.

1 point dropped there for me; Villa are a poor side and we allowed them to boss the game, far too passive out of possession.

We should remember that we now have Coady & Tarkowski back there, Michael Keane not getting a sniff nowadays. That should allow us to get after teams a little more rather than sitting back and relinquishing the ball.

Back 4 rather than 5 and Iwobi, Onana and Gueye (assuming he signs) in midfield with Rondon or new striker up top and I think we'll be fine.

I think it'll be a good barometer of where Lampard is if he realises what is and isn't working and rectifies it, but all too often we've seen managers persist because they believe in a system even when it clearly keeps failing.
I agree with you. I have very little faith in Lampard as a tactician. Have we seen much to show he'll figure things out?

Another game which we could/should have draw
Another game with little threat up front
Another game we have picked up an injury in
Another game with poor officials

Status
Not open for further replies.