2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be the only one not shatting myself, can I? I'm actually pretty optimistic about Frank which is weird. He tends to see when things aren't working and how they aren't working.
Lets see if he starts Gordon as a striker again. If he does, he hasnt learnt a thing. Im also positive tho, i think the defence looks much better. Get a decent striker in, and we will start to pick up points.

I can't be the only one not shatting myself, can I? I'm actually pretty optimistic about Frank which is weird. He tends to see when things aren't working and how they aren't working.
There’s been plenty of encouraging signs, it’s just the same basement dwellers popping their heads up that didn’t want him to begin with

I think it won't be a good season but it'll be an improvement on last season. Prob finish 14th. So based on that we're gonna have runs where we're crap. I'll get worried if we've less than 21 pts come the half way mark of the season. Absolutely no point panicking and kneejerking now after two games. We need Gueye in or an equivalent, a striker who can bag at least 10 goals and a winger who scores goals to replace Richy.

I like Lampard and he does get the club says all the right things. However I don’t think he’s a great manager and I think this’ll end badly.
I don't think it will end "badly". I think it will end with a "meh". I don't see us getting relegated this year providing we can get SOMEONE in for the front. I just see a whole lot of 9th-13th tho which, honestly, isn't even remotely different than pretty much the last decade.

I said it after the Chelsea game and I’ll say it again today: this team isn’t going down, and the final minutes today were a big improvement.

We miss a striker and it impacting us, but it won’t be forever. Onana looked good and Gordon on the wing is where he should be.

No way Frank is the issue but he got it massively wrong today.

It was obvious that it wouldn't work today, hopefully he learns from that and we move on.

Every manager makes mistakes, it's when they believe they are always right does it become severely problematic.

That said we simply must beat Forest as 1 or worse points from 9 would be very bad, then we would be going to Brentford with the knives being sharpened and the media applying maximum pressure.

Hes gonna lose a lot of goodwill by playing 352.

The fans just cant and wont take to it sadly and our recruitment has very much wedded us to it.

The thing is, the next manager we get will also have to maintain it, cos recuitment, wedded.

So I would suggest people just get used to 3 at the back, cos its here to stay.

Its not a bad formation if you have a midfield and forwards to make it work, as you can see, we do not.

Big 2 and a bit weeks coming up for our recruitment team.

Fans will take to it provided there's more good weekends than bad.

I think it's our best bet at the minute. Just a shame we've got no centre mid who can pass the ball forward or a striker.

I don't think it will end "badly". I think it will end with a "meh". I don't see us getting relegated this year providing we can get SOMEONE in for the front. I just see a whole lot of 9th-13th tho which, honestly, isn't even remotely different than pretty much the last decade.
I mean it’ll end badly for him.

Because the football we're playing is very good. There's an idea, a plan. In order to carry that out...we need players in.

2 mistakes in a turnover, 1 against Chelsea. Seeds are there to build a very good side. Just missing threat up top.
I am not seeing what you're seeing. That football today was not very good. We turned our noses up at Eddie Howe who immediately started to improve Newcastle. Lampard is being awarded an insane amount of patience based on something I can't see.

We can’t complain how garbage the players are and then take it out on the manager. It’s a never ending cycle. There is blame to both sides but this is mostly on the players for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.