2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard has been failed by the lack of support from our magnificent Director of Football. What do you want from a manager when the club aren't capable of signing a striker?

I am not seeing what you're seeing. That football today was not very good. We turned our noses up at Eddie Howe who immediately started to improve Newcastle. Lampard is being awarded an insane amount of patience based on something I can't see.

He didn't "instantly" improve them. They didn't win a game in 10 until he spent £100mill in the January window.

The football was good and much improved from the last 3 years. Patient build up, keeping the ball, winning it back. It's just let down by our forward 3 who quite frankly aren't very good.

Fans will take to it provided there's more good weekends than bad.

I think it's our best bet at the minute. Just a shame we've got no centre mid who can pass the ball forward or a striker.
I've got high hopes for an Iwobi and Onana midfield partnership as they book are/look mobile and will push on. With Gana as a linchpin, we'll be more solid.

We can’t complain how garbage the players are and then take it out on the manager. It’s a never ending cycle. There is blame to both sides but this is mostly on the players for me.
Blaming the players does nothing though. It's up to the manager to improve them.

Next three fixtures are really favourable. Not time to panic until after them if they go badly.
Look at our start last season and how it masked what was to come. Yes those points were invaluable, but nobody should be overly concerned yet due to two games.

Onana looks a prospect, Patterson is improving, our defence as a whole will become better over time, Gueye will be a huge plus and we'll get a striker and DCL.

Did we deserve to lose to Chelsea? No. Could and should we have got points from both games? Yes. I'd be more concerned if we were way off the pace..

.. but we're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.