Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Relax lads.
We're a mid-table team, 3 key players injured in 2 games, debutants and no striker. Rondon counts as neither footballer nor professional. The condition he presented himself in last year was a major factor in the relegation scrap.
A proper forward and those two games have a completely different look.
So again relax.
Spot on. Anyone deluded enough to think we will dramatically improve this season and finish in the top half would be concerned.
Anyone thinking we’d be mid table or just below will not be panicking based on the performances so far and with all things considered. - desperately need another option going forward is my only caveat.

Fair assessment in my opinion, however I do think Holgate could have done more for the first goal too.
First goal for me was on Doucoure and Coady should have made a JT type slide block which would saved the goal - Matty Cash made two in the second half. But Coady played well overall and the defence generally looked organised. Everyone seems to love him and it's a great story but the quality from Mykolenko was so poor. You compare him to someone like Chilwell or Robertson it's night and day. My initial reservations about McNeil have been accurate but he can't really be judged when he has been brought in to deliver for a centre forward when he has an average winger, Tin Head, playing through the middle. Gray was poor along with the other signing by Benetiz, Rondon, who should have equalised with a tap in but started his run far too late.

Iwobi very good again. Davies did well when he came on and Patterson showed promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.