2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of supporters moaning about striker. Ok, we need one or two, but with the style we play he would need to be mix of He-man and Flash. I didn't see no more than one or two situations where striker would help...
Have a striker who knows how to play striker changes the dynamics tenfold. How many times today did we have have NOTHING In the middle? Gordon and gray had stinkers, but they’re also
Not strikers.

Most of supporters moaning about striker. Ok, we need one or two, but with the style we play he would need to be mix of He-man and Flash. I didn't see no more than one or two situations where striker would help...

We've created chances most strikers in the league finish in both matches.

Instead they fell to Gordon and Gray.

Honestly not unhappy with how Lampard set up today. Mid table and a cup run would be a huge step forward from last season and he's went into this seemingly to hope for a draw or smash and grab nick one. When we went down made the wise choice in adding some steel and balance to the midfield with Davies and we had a very positive period right after half time for about 15 minutes. I would hope he would consider a more aggressive formation for our next home game vs Forrest but can't help but wonder if due to us not getting any points if he is willing to risk us losing points in that fixture. I wouldn't say over the flow of the Villa game or the Chelsea game that we were dominated or looked hopeless.

Have a striker who knows how to play striker changes the dynamics tenfold. How many times today did we have have NOTHING In the middle? Gordon and gray had stinkers, but they’re also
Not strikers.
Absolutely right. But don't think we have nothing in middle because we don't have strikers. False 9 sounds familiar?

Honestly not unhappy with how Lampard set up today. Mid table and a cup run would be a huge step forward from last season and he's went into this seemingly to hope for a draw or smash and grab nick one. When we went down made the wise choice in adding some steel and balance to the midfield with Davies and we had a very positive period right after half time for about 15 minutes. I would hope he would consider a more aggressive formation for our next home game vs Forrest but can't help but wonder if due to us not getting any points if he is willing to risk us losing points in that fixture. I wouldn't say over the flow of the Villa game or the Chelsea game that we were dominated or looked hopeless.
We will win no games against Premier opposition with that starting line up. He's become a bit too much like Moyes, all conservative 'he's not ready yet for the premier league' bs. Onana at half fitness is still a whippet compared to Davies and Rondon. This is now a young man's game, all about fitness, speed, skill and stamina in that order with the 5 subs rule. Get rid of Rondon because there will never be a suitable time to bring on a fat crock, and for Gods sake buy some strikers. These games were there for the taking.

Who was Digne going to be sold to?

Villa only went in for him after Benitez told him to do one.

Lampard should have done the same with DCL they'll have been a bidder.
And if he had, how much do you think we would have got for him?

Before being told to do one, at most 35/40m after an injury ravaged season.

After being told to leave, what, 20m?

Or the 50m we got up front for Richie and an extra 10 which meant we satisfied P&S and could spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.