2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the club sign a top striker when we're bound to FFP ?

DCL could have been moved on giving us scope to bring in 2-3 attacking players but Lampard decided to build the team around the next Daniel Sturridge and its backfired.
Don't think a decent offer came in for him. They would have sold otherwise.

He needs to absolutely hammer the board and DOF publicly in his interviews because they are delivering him.a team which is relegation fodder.

He should be angry and demanding the right players. Not that he should have to, but we are where we are.
I don’t think this would be perhaps the best move right now Timbo. It would be petulant, bring ridiculous media pressure upon Everton and make Lampard a pariah when they need cohesive effort to get better right now.

No reason really but I am optimistic ,yes Frank is a bit blase in defeat and I wish that was not the case but we are having horrendous bad luck with injuries and the players coming in are better than we had for sure .
I think Doucoure has been bad for a while , Onana will be there to take his place but we do need a striker and to move Deli out ,right out .
Very good word blase, you almost get a whiff that if Frank acts blasé he lowers our expectations to the point were we feel oh well we was never getting anything from this match anyway. An expected loss

We are a coach clap away from relegation even if we sign a striker at this rate

I don’t think this would be perhaps the best move right now Timbo. It would be petulant, bring ridiculous media pressure upon Everton and make Lampard a pariah when they need cohesive effort to get better right now.
I think he gets completely unfair treatment from the media. They talk like its just a certainty he will be sacked.

The spotlight needs to be on the board and the truly appalling recruitment over many years, with no sign of improvement.

Until Lampard is given a proper forward then I think we have virtually no chance. Why should he sit back quietly and let his reputation and credentials be questioned through no real fault of his own

Most of supporters moaning about striker. Ok, we need one or two, but with the style we play he would need to be mix of He-man and Flash. I didn't see no more than one or two situations where striker would help...

I think he gets completely unfair treatment from the media. They talk like its just a certainty he will be sacked.

The spotlight needs to be on the board and the truly appalling recruitment over many years, with no sign of improvement.

Until Lampard is given a proper forward then I think we have virtually no chance. Why should he sit back quietly and let his reputation and credentials be questioned through no real fault of his own
Consider the position of a player wanting to sign for a Manager who’s attacking his bosses and likely to be fired for it. Do you think it would make Everton more attractive to sign for? Would the additional pressure caused from a very public divorce between manager and club make for a focused, motivated dressing room? I understand it’s been disappointing today sirs but come on.

Consider the position of a player wanting to sign for a Manager who’s attacking his bosses and likely to be fired for it. Do you think it would make Everton more attractive to sign for? Would the additional pressure caused from a very public divorce between manager and club make for a focused, motivated dressing room? I understand it’s been disappointing today sirs but come on.
I feel it might be needed because we are heading for relegation unless our recruitment improves. I'm not saying an ultimatum. Just s gentle reminder that our options are absolutely not good enough.

I like Lampard a lot. I dont like the board or anything about our recruitment. So I'm not happy.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall, but focusing on other targets while we have such a toothless front line is rearranging deck chairs.

How can the club sign a top striker when we're bound to FFP ?

DCL could have been moved on giving us scope to bring in 2-3 attacking players but Lampard decided to build the team around the next Daniel Sturridge and its backfired.
Same way we have brought in 5 (nearly 6 players). Low down-payments and spread cost. We need to stop pretending we don't have money.

Also, it's not just lampards decision. The DOF and manager make those decisions. Stop lumping the blame on to one person when you know full well its not the case

I feel it might be needed because we are heading for relegation unless our recruitment improves.

I like Lampard a lot. I dont like the board or anything about our recruitment. So I'm not happy.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall, but focusing on other targets while we have such a toothless front line is rearranging deck chairs.
OK Timbuktu man. Let us wish for better days soon for the Everton.

Don't think a decent offer came in for him. They would have sold otherwise.

The club were never going to sell both Richarlison and DCL in the same summer when the fanbase were protesting.

Lampard dropped a bollock with DCL and if Newcastle had bid £35 millions for Gordon we should have taken that anarl.

IMO he didn't....he was a disaster
Watched a different game than me then mate,i if Davies was a disaster, then Doucoure was an unmitigated disaster and that is before his injury. He gifted Villa so much room when they broke and our full backs were up the pitch, take a look at their first goal as an example. I'm not saying Davies is a world beater, but, he is at least capable of following instructions and not being constantly pulled out of position .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back