2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he messed up today tactically.............no way should he have put Gordon up top after last week and Gray should now be walking on egg shells because I think that performance should have convinced Frank that he is not good enough

He has his favourites he played Kenny for weeks over Patterson for example.

Not the only manager in the world that does that but its frustrating that he's too slow to change something that doesn't work.

For me its why he'll never be an elite level manager imo.

I think there are signs of improvement but we'll potentially struggle as we dont have the dough to bring in 2x quality forwards without having had sold another of our better players.

Moyes was a master of moving one better player on to bring in 3-4 solid additions to keep us ticking over.
I was hoping to be honest that lampard would be able to use his chelsea connections to get a couple of decent attacking players for little money even on loan but clearly the change of ownership may have put a stop to that. We need to get lucky in the players we bring as indeed the money is tight. If not then a change of system may be required buy don't see lampard brave enough to go for it right now as he is still fighting for his job. Moyes has indeed an eye for players that can have an impact in the league.

I reckon he messed up today tactically.............no way should he have put Gordon up top after last week and Gray should now be walking on egg shells because I think that performance should have convinced Frank that he is not good enough
Gordon, Gray and McNeil should be fighting for 1 place. Not starting three together as they don’t score goals.

He has his favourites he played Kenny for weeks over Patterson for example.

Not the only manager in the world that does that but its frustrating that he's too slow to change something that doesn't work.

For me its why he'll never be an elite level manager imo.
I have faith in him. Time .....................and he will adapt quickly IMO. The problem seems to be the training ground..............no pressure and people can shine. Look at Iwobi.....crap for a couple of seasons but always picked because he is the best trainer. Lampard and his staff have to become ruthless

Frank has definitely got things wrong since the start of the season but those in charge of transfers have to take most of the blame.
They knew DCL is injury prone and it's up to them to see how important a striker or two is. It's admirable that they wanted to tighten up the back line but it's no good if there isn't a forward line who can keep the ball and lessen the pressure on the defenders. They have this week to sort this out. It's urgent.

People will always miss chances, and DCL is certainly not the exception to that rule. You need to be a consistent threat in order to make sure missing a couple of chances isn’t a massive problem, and we look a fair way away from that. We’re not just missing a goal scorer, we’re way short of players who can break down defences and consistently provide quality in the attacking third. Yes we’ll sometimes make chances, every team does, but the lack of attacking options is clear to see at the moment.

True. But I've said before, with a balanced midfield you then have to see what those forwards can do. We've bought/bringing midfielders in. We just don't have that focal point in attack.

We've not just lost 1 but 2 goal threats in Dom and Richy. We look like the only team in the league not playing a striker/have one decent enough to lead the line.

It's a huge hole. But before I can write them off, I need to see a team with the right balance and elements.

We've played 2 without a striker and stayed in the games for both of them. Last season we'd have been 3.0 down at half time.

It's gonna take time.

Alli and Rondon at HT there today, and we probably get what we deserve.

The decision to bring on Davies over Onana, is probably still frying everyone’s head.

I like what he’s building, but I feel I say on every away game that “he got it wrong tactically”. Just hope the CF helps how he sets up, because Gray-Gordon-McNeil should never be seen again.

Inappropriate Language
I’m a bit negative but this guy will get sacked
My reasons:
- thought DCL had strong legs
- gave us McTurd as our richy replacement
- we don’t have a good attacking line ( gray, mcturd, Ali?)
- bought mcShit instead of Cornet.

True. But I've said before, with a balanced midfield you then have to see what those forwards can do. We've bought/bringing midfielders in. We just don't have that focal point in attack.

We've not just lost 1 but 2 goal threats in Dom and Richy. We look like the only team in the league not playing a striker/have one decent enough to lead the line.

It's a huge hole. But before I can write them off, I need to see a team with the right balance and elements.

We've played 2 without a striker and stayed in the games for both of them. Last season we'd have been 3.0 down at half time.

It's gonna take time.
Oh don’t get me wrong, this isn’t lampard’s fault. I just think we’re worse than some people realise at the moment. I hope I’m wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.