2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What quality are we gonna get in tho this late in, teams will know everton are desperate so we will be paying well over the odds for any striker.

I don't think sacrificing him will benefit us in any term.
But that's a bit of a pointless debate, as that would be part of Everton's thinking when deciding whether to engage with Chelsea and negotiate a price. We're not really in a good place to do risk management without knowing what players have already been offered to us and what deals have already been discussed beforehand.

I would have given them all a 4, at no point, not saying you said I was, but at no point have I personally singled Gordon out, I havent even "blamed" Lampard, there were very few option. I think playing Gordon up top for a 2nd time was complete lunacy by the way, but very few real options.

I dont want to sell him, but if somebody wants to give us 50million, im taking that for every single player we currently own.

50 mil would get us a good player,

I've only seen 35 mil so far, this late in the window I can't see us getting our moneys worth for that price, I'd rather we kept him for now

50 mil would get us a good player,

I've only seen 35 mil so far, this late in the window I can't see us getting our moneys worth for that price, I'd rather we kept him for now
I dont know whether I would sell for 35m, probably, but 40m plus and im taking the money and running.

40m can get you 2 James Maddisons
or
It can get you 2 Andre Gomes

I'd suggest mate, and I mean it respectfully, your subjectivity is probably clouding your judgement a bit. Your frustrated and angry we lost. I am too, we all are. So we can overreact a bit on players.

Someone impartial just sees the game. They will be a far better judge than you or me.
I rate Gordon highly, but not as a 9. I think these 2 games showed why he needs to play in the wide areas.

I dont see what it achieves to say he had a good game. But the context is he is being asked, unfairly in my opinion, to do a job he is not suited for.

Like his attitude and willingness to keep on getting into those attacking positions that being said his shooting needs to improve drastically along with his passing

….what’s weird is if you watch him coming through the ranks he can strike a ball sweetly. I’ve posted on here about his ‘curly wurly’ as he’d cut inside regularly on his right foot and bend one in the top corner, but he’s not replicated it since the step-up.

Also, he came into the side and was immediately taking set-pieces. That suggests to me that he hits terrific dead balls in training but again he’s not replicated on the pitch.

So, there is reason to be optimistic that he can turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.