2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the offer!
40 mil for Gordon is like paying £10 for a Mars bar.
Never a truer word spoken. I'd get Kenwright involved in the negotiations because, as has been said before, he's the type of blagger who could cop a squat on your lovely sheepskin rug and convince you it is a Mars bar.

That's sound but we can worry about who is to blame another time. Right now we just need to end the window with the strongest squad possible, and if Lampard & Co think we can end stronger by accepting a silly offer, I'll worry about blaming the people responsible for putting us in this mess another time.

My problem with that is it's, once again, not addressing the core issue and so we keep on chasing our tail. It started with Rooney and I'm not comparing players, it's just the principal of the matter. They need to stop putting themselves in this situation.

Anybody advocating waiting a year for Gordon's value to increase based off of a successful domestic season seriously needs their head testing.

Next May he'll be a £8-10m player who played in most of our games as we either got relegated or again stayed up by the skin of our teeth.
Good to see the that positivity is alive and well in your head.

The source of the 40m bid

If the number we want is 50, we hold out for 50. Brighton did it and got their number, Leicester look to be doing it with Fofana and will likely get their number, if they want him they'll pay up, or at least chuck in a Billy Gilmour.

My problem with that is it's, once again, not addressing the core issue and so we keep on chasing our tail. It started with Rooney and I'm not comparing players, it's just the principal of the matter. They need to stop putting themselves in this situation.
I totally agree, and we should all get behind any movement to replace our hapless board - but right now, we just need to build a team that can stay in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.