2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if Chelsea start offering something huge like £50m+ or throw in Broja or something like that, then we are left with little option but to sell.

But some of the comments in this thread from so called Everton fans are a total and utter embarassment. I think this is the biggest amount of rubbish I've just read in 5 minutes in my entire life catching up on this thread. He's a good lad, he works hard, sometimes he lacks quality, but the comments and digs being thrown at him in this thread are a complete joke. And I mean that.

Look if Chelsea start offering something huge like £50m+ or throw in Broja or something like that, then we are left with little option but to sell.

But some of the comments in this thread from so called Everton fans are a total and utter embarassment. I think this is the biggest amount of rubbish I've just read in 5 minutes in my entire life catching up on this thread. He's a good lad, he works hard, sometimes he lacks quality, but the comments and digs being thrown at him in this thread are a complete joke. And I mean that.
If there was ever any doubt how dumbed down our fanbase has been, an issue like this brings it home.

We are a few injuries away from Davies and Gomes. The more quality the better.

Gana, Onana, Gallagher has a great mix
Imagine leaving Iwobi off again. FFS.

We would have Gana, Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure and Allan before we get to Davies and we're only playing a two. A two I'm not sure Gallagher would actually be suited for.

Now if we are changing to 4-3-3 ok, but why have we gotten Coady in if we're doing that?

Richarlison and Gordon...the best two players in the club being replaced by muck like McNeil, Gilmour and Coady.

If this is Lampard's Everton he can GTF right now.
Lol.

Gilmour doesn't play for Everton and we signed Onana.

But I can see how you leaving his name out makes your agenda appear stronger.

Nice try pettle.

Where's the £60M from Richarlison?

Well it was £50 with the addons which we dont have yet.

We have spent £30 on Onana so far (without addons). Assume a small fee will go to PSG for Gueye, Tarkowski probably got a decent signing on bonus and we will have paid a loan fee for Coady. Plus the window hasnt shut yet.

When we sold Digne we signed Mykolenko and Patterson for around the same value.

Moshiri can be criticised, but ive never got the impression he wont spend.

Evertonians begging Chelsea to come in for Gordon and take him for a few quid are like serfs beseeching the Lord of the Manor to take their family members in exchange for a few chickens and goats.

Get off your knees.
£50m = "a few quid" apparently. Tis mere pennies, when we alllllll know Anthony "the bleached Messi" Gordon is going to single-handedly lead us to a decade of dominance and greatness with all the goals he doesn't score and all the assists he doesn't provide. Surely a Ballon D'or winner by xmas.

I have zero faith in the board reinvesting the money properly regardless of the fee, so while I totally accept every footballer has their price, I hope we keep him.

If Lampard has RIcharlison and Gordon sold and is left to fight relegation with both hands tied behind his back, then I would have no issue with him if he walked. How is he meant to get results with this shambolic recruitment team leaving him in a mess.

If you offered Broja, Terrier or Rutter in a straight swap I'd have taken it. If Chelsea are offering more than it'd take to get one of those 3 it's a no brainer. If the bid exists that is - why Lee Ryder, a Newcastle correspondent knows the technicalities of a deal between Everton and Chelsea I do not know

One came through the Barca academy, has 4 full years experience in 2 leagues, still only 24 and was outstanding last season for Brighton going forward and defending.

Gordon has just come off the back of his first full season
I agree. But also, one is a left back and one is an attacking player.
If it gets to £50m I think Everton will accept it. Sad indictment of where we are as a club right now. Reality bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.