Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, Gordon clearly has loads of potential - but at this point, that's all it really is. And potential isn't winning us games. That said, the way Chelsea's new owner is throwing around stupid money (Cucurella?), we have to maximize our return here, especially given how little time is left in the window to sort a replacement. So if it's a straight cash deal, I'd be holding out for at least 50 million. If they want to throw in a player like Broja or Gallagher on loan with a reasonable buy option, then ok at 40-45 million.

We could get 2-3 starters with that kind of money, if we're smart. No matter how much potential Gordon has, I don't see how we can pass up that chance with the position the club's in right at the moment.

I think with them valuing Broja at 25 the most we could get is 25+ Broja. But even then, given we appear to be bidding 15m on strikers already, you'd say that gives us 40m to play with, meaning we could get in Terrier with probably 10m to punt on a younger player like Dieng, or to put towards a loan fee for someone like Pulisic / CHO / Ziyech. In one fell swoop our front three is completely transformed.
Ffs so we sell Gordon buy 25yo terrier buy a crap punt from France and loan a player we will give back next season.

Great idea

I’m sorry I just don’t see it with Gordon. Yes he can carry the ball every now and then but there is no threat whatsoever. He’s a decent squad player but that’s about it, he’s the forward version of Tom davies. A decent offer and sell the boy

Thought Chelsea were about to spurge £80m on Fofana from Leicester?

Mad the amount of money they’re spending… be well north of £340m if they buy Gordon too

Status
Not open for further replies.