Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see anything that says we get Broja in the deal. Batsyuahi is very average and wouldn't fill.me with confidence.

Spending 40m on MGW would be extremely poor business.

We needed 2 forwards. We would need 2 forwards and a good wide player if we sell Gordon.
Batshuayi is only being reported by that one Belgian journo, Broja would be more likely because he’s the one we’ve been linked with most and I don’t see us going back for Gibbs-White when he’s started both of Wolves’ games so far

Not really. Gibbs-White is a midfield player, and not a forward. He scored a few at Sheffield united but has done nothing at Wolves. They are asking for 40m so it would be totally stupid to pay that. Hes worth half that.

I was more pointing out you’re complaint he doesn’t score goals whilst advocating we keep Gordon who doesn’t score goals.

English players they need them in their squad. Tbh I don't care as long as we get the right price and bring good players in
Agreed, and I think it would be a good move if it happened. But they’d be swapping one English player for another if Gallagher was part of the deal. Time will tell.

I feel like a lot of "we CAN'T sell Gordon for 50m!" shouts are thinking about a perfect scenario where Gordon both never gets injured and he improves year on year. A) It's Everton, he's most likely going to lose a leg in about 3 months and B) there is a very real possibility that this is as good as he gets. They're paying for potential. There is a lot of risk on potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.