2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a serious call for the club to make, and I'd be interested to know who'll have the final say. My first reaction was to hope that he'll stay, but then if you'd told me in 2016 that Barkley would end up leaving for the amount he did, I'd never have believed it.

I properly rate him, but perhaps this is the peak of his value. I don't know.

50m plus a loan for me.

We need to absolutely fleece Chelsea. They've set their own market this year with the crazy fee to Brighton.

I do still prefer to keep the player but we seem to be in a mess so I doubt we can.

I dont want MGW because he is not a goalscorer at this level. And 40m is a crazy price tag for him.
We absolutely could Tim, but we just wouldn't be able to spend another £40-50m in the market if we did keep him. We'd be restricted to limited spending/loans.

Which, btw, I'd be fine with, as I think we'd still have enough to stay clear of danger.

But I'd be a lot more confident if we were able to spend another £50m.

See your point on MGW though I don't think it's right to write him off as 'not a goalscorer at this level'. For one he is more of a versatile attacking mid/second striker type so we wouldn't be wanting him as the striker, and he does have a lot of talent. But yes, £40m would be too much.

That's true. It's just that Everton ultimately are probably in catch 22 here.

If we don't sell, then we can get players in but they may be of limited quality and quantity. Maybe 2-3 more (a midfielder, hopefully Gana, and a forward player or two), but they'd be on the cheap side/loans etc.

If we do sell, we can probably go and get 2-3 very very good players, and perhaps even we may have a loan from Chelsea thrown in as well?

It's all hypothetical and we'll see.

I'm on the fence with it. I think £50m is too much to turn down personally, but if he stays it's also fine with me.

I'm not on the fence mate. He should go if those figures are made.

The point is more that people seem to underplay his performance level.

It's a serious call for the club to make, and I'd be interested to know who'll have the final say. My first reaction was to hope that he'll stay, but then if you'd told me in 2016 that Barkley would end up leaving for the amount he did, I'd never have believed it.

I properly rate him, but perhaps this is the peak of his value. I don't know.
Tom Davies in 2017 looked like he had the world at his feet and was valued at 40m being another one

"We can spend the Gordon money on other better players". Look at what this club has bought and spent since Moshiri came in. A squad that nearly got us relegated last season. Seems we are more loyal to a failing board then some of the players!!!!

I'd be as hard faced as possible if we were to sell by asking for £40m plus Broja and Gallagher on loan with option to buy. If you don't ask you don't get.

£10m + Gallagher + Broja on Loan.

Do it.

I thought we have room for one domestic loan and one international. If that is the case that would scupper that, nice as it sounds.

Let’s not forget they also sold Salah and De Bruyne, not like they are transfer geniuses or anything.
Sure, but those two lads weren't even close to the players they are now. If Chelsea are seriously interested in AG, they're betting on potential, nothing else. For me, the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech and far superior players right now, so I don't know whose place on the bench he takes because he's definitely not starting ahead of Mount or Sterling or Havertz.

Gordon won't start for Chelsea, or even get many minutes this season. I honestly believe we can go to them and sell Gordon for £50m but request we take him back on loan for the full season and say we also want Broja on loan for the season too. Just tell Tuchel that we are helping them bond or some b*llocks by playing them together week in and week out which they wouldn't do at Chelsea. Worth a try anyway but I'd be sad to see Gordon leave, he may turn into a top top quality player

Status
Not open for further replies.