2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable some of the comments on here, he's a very good young player, who will get better and that's why Chelsea are offering big money. If he gets sold we may as well give up, a selling club is what we are if so.
Like 99% of clubs on the planet other than Barca/Madrid, of course we are a selling club (and even those two are now as well). We are not an elite level club flush with cash, so the hard reality is we have to sell players - if we embrace it and do it well it should be a positive thing, not a negative.

Leicester are the prime example of this over recent years, doing it brilliantly. Southampton did it with Bale/Walcott/Ox/Shaw/Schneiderlin/Hojberg. Brighton just banked £100m for a CM and LB. Being a "selling club" is not the issue, it's effective reinvestment for continual growth we need to master.

This lad carries the team on his shoulders. Doesn’t hide like most of our crap players. But hey let’s sell him. Tell Chelsea to do one
Especially after them and Ross conning is out of 20 million quid. I’d refuse to deal with them again in all fairness. A club with no class

We robbed them blind for Barkley.

The lack of attacking talent is a black mark, im not gonna lie, the wilful neglect of 6 points, is hard to swallow, but I always say, we arent signing players for the month of August, we are buying them for 2 or 3 years.
I'm baffled by our strategy. I just can't understand it. If I dont see logic I just can't get behind it.

I would have been gobsmacked if you told me 7 weeks ago we would not sign a proper Richarlison replacement

He's testing my patience if this Gordon story is real.

He's praised him highly since he came here. If he agrees to sell him to pay down debts and get a ten bob striker in he can 'kin do one.

Lampard has my backing, but it isn't without reservations.
The DOF and/or the board decides these things. Why are you blaming Lampard potentially

He's testing my patience if this Gordon story is real.

He's praised him highly since he came here. If he agrees to sell him to pay down debts and get a ten bob striker in he can 'kin do one.

Lampard has my backing, but it isn't without reservations.
But why can’t you see that we can get 2 middling YouTube stars plus maybe another Chelsea don’t rate instead?

I'm baffled by our strategy. I just can't understand it. If I dont see logic I just can't get behind it.

I would have been gobsmacked if you told me 7 weeks ago we would not sign a proper Richarlison replacement
I honestly thought we were waiting till deadline for a few poverty loans, I guess thats why im pleased.

But I do kinda see how we got in this Striker mess, I think DCL getting injured so quickly took everybody by surprise, im not saying they should had all eggs in that basket by any means.

Ah anyway, I agree, a black mark hangs over the recruitment currently, im hopeful he can get rid of it, but as I said, 6 points already tossed aside, lets not make it 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.