2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
p55422.png

I mean, I would rather sign a 21 year old Gordon than Sigurdsson.

That might be better put, we shouldn't be shopping in that market.

I dunno; how old is Coleman with time to run on his deal? Didn't we have Jags and Distin into their 30s? David Weir and Dicky Gough seemed about 40 when they were here.

Apples and oranges though. Vardy is "Leics legend" I guess, very much part of the fabric; might not be the player he once was but he is well regarded within the club (perhaps maybe an 'icon'), so he was never going to be forced out just like Seamus wont be. And he still has a part to play there.

Vardy cost about £1m all those years ago, has been brilliant for Leics and not selling him is hardly a transfer error. On the whole their business has been phenomenal. £20m for Madison could be going for £60-70m. £65-70m profit on slabhead. Fofana in for £20m maybe out for +£80m. We can only dream of being half as competent as that club has been.
Eloquent post;)

50 million for me and we should be accepting it, can bring in a better replacement for half the money and make and additional signing with the other half of the money.

Utter nonsense in here about a sale of Gordon being nothing to do with Lampard.

I mean WTaF?!

These are the same people who were screaming blue murder 8 months ago at the *fat Spanish waiter* selling Digne.

Do me a 'kin favour will you?

Been gone most of the day and coming back to mayhem…classic Everton.

My first reaction earlier in the summer about selling Gordon was that there was no way in hell we could do that, that the message it would send coming off a relegation scrap would be diabolical. But I’ve softened on that - if Chelsea are genuinely going to throw out a £50m bid then we need to bite their hands off and reinvest it in two other forwards.

I love Gordon and I despise the way some of our fans have been talking about him lately, and I despise even more how fans of other teams talk about him. He’s a top prospect, no doubt about it. He’s made himself into that and I’d be very excited to see him develop here.

With that being said, we have to be smart. If we were looking to buy Gordon from another club, I’d probably be fine with paying around £20-25m and furious if we paid closer to £50m. So for me, being logical, I’d call that Chelsea’s second massive overpay after Cucurella and accept it. If we really like Broja or Gallagher, then go get one of them as part of the deal and you’d have money left over. Chelsea seem like they might be about to enter into some crazy decisions and maybe we can benefit.

McNeil looks like a squad player to me, hopefully we make a few more signings and he can be an impact player off the bench, or a starter every other game

It’s the precedent it creates and image it projects to. We’ve always sold our best players in the PL era, we however always made sure we got a fair price and then some to compensate, we were always obstinate and “don’t want to sell. We never sold two of our best players in one window, not to my memory unless it really suited it.

Now it seems systemically the Spurs and Chelsea’s of this world can come and say - let’s just throw them 50 mill and take their best players - be great bench options. What’s more sad is some are more then happy to grab the penny’s that fall from the CL top table.

If we do this, we are admitting we are on the same level of the Palaces of this world - probably worse as they had the gumption of realising wha5 they had in say a Zaha.
That's right. We are on a level with the Burnley's of this world if we agree to this.

The club is an utter midden if we see Richarlison and Gordon punted and replaced by players like McNeil.

Utter nonsense in here about a sale of Gordon being nothing to do with Lampard.

I mean WTaF?!

These are the same people who were screaming blue murder 8 months ago at the *fat Spanish waiter* selling Digne.

Do me a 'kin favour will you?
The difference is:

Fat Benny meat and potato pie head = No DoF in place

Mr Frank Lampard = Kopite Kev overseeing all transfers

Next :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.