2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's either on the wind up or is being paid by someone with ulterior motives.

Im not quite sure which one at present.

I like your posts mate, and I don't always/often agree with Tim, but I'm not sure why anyone would pay him to be negative?
And in that situation, it does seem odd we would accept a bid lower than what we've alredy had bid!

He seems a nice young lad. We are lucky to have him.
“Preston was such a good experience, but at the time I didn’t enjoy it,” says Gordon.
“It was nothing to do with the club, I can only speak highly of Preston and their fans.

“But, when I got there, I realised how much I loved Everton and loved being here.

“I probably didn’t appreciate that enough and it made me love Everton even more. Considering Everton fans;
“When I went to the bench at Old Trafford, I said to Jonjoe, ‘Did you hear them singing my name’,” says Gordon.

“He said, ‘Yes, because you played boss’.

“I couldn’t believe it.

“There are no words to tell you how happy that support makes me feel. It is just boss, a crazy feeling inside. Unreal.

“My family love it because so many people out in public are treating me so nicely and saying good things.

“The other players joke with me, saying, ‘Fans’ favourite’.

“But they tell me it is really impressive.

Tbh tho if Gordon wasn’t a local lad or played for someone else I’d probably say he’s worth about £25m we’re putting a price of more than that on him for the fact he showed potential last season and has pace one injury could change that pace and then that potential probably goes cause without it he’s an average player

but it’s the player he could be

hence the 50 mill

It's absolutely about FFP. Gordon costs nothing so every pound we get is profit. Richarlison gave us some wriggle room but we didn't wipe £60mil (or whatever we got) off our defecit.

Simply put for a footy forum. Ask The Esk for a more in depth read out.

Richarlisons sale meant the books were alright.

Gordons sale would be solely to revamp the squad really.

For me it's partly that he's a local lad, but moreso he's had one proper season, and yup he's not the finished article yet by a mile, but you look across this team and he's the one player when he gets on the ball that gets bums off seats, pace, great workrate, can go past very good players with ease, we won't be able to bring in somebody with those qualities who also has the potential to improve (at under 21 level for England he's shown great end product).

So we sell him for 50m say then 20m of that goes on a McNeil type, and two 26yo strikers from France arrive for 15m a pop.

You as a club cannot keep selling the few players you have that bring something different and expect to be anything than a very average team with no potential to be anything but that.

Last season literally Richy and Gordon where the only two who when they got on the ball tried to do anything with it, if we end up selling both in the same window then we've literally given up trying.
I completely understand your view and in part agree. I’ve no issue with us turning round and saying nah we’re keeping him. I see the value in both selling and keeping.

Question will be will his end product improve? We don’t know. The coaches and managers know more than any of us. My concern is if he goes, who we replace with. I’ve no issue doing that, but just hope there is a plan.

It always hurts to see an academy product go but if it’s big money, which it is, then we have to seriously consider it considering the financial position and it could allow us to bring in 2 higher quality players for the now.

Keeping is a gamble, selling is a gamble. Up to the club to decide which one to go with and prepare properly.

Definitely would prefer Broja but not seen anything concrete that Chelsea are even prepared to let him go. We are in a tricky position and I'm not sure we can turn our noses up at Batshuayi.

We need two strikers and we are not going to be able to pay high fees for both. One is going to have to be a lesser fee and probably a lesser standard. If we brought in a quality CF then I can live with someone like Batshuayi as the other forward.
Did ok in turkey last season and definitely better than rondon but I’d rather squeeze more money out of them than take him in the deal. I liked the look of him at first but don’t think he’s up for the premier league barely started at palace but we aren’t in a position to be turning strikers down with rondon or even Gordon leading the line.

No. He'll be a winger/ten. Really couldn't careless if he goes where they play him. But, I'll wager £1 that he won't be a wing back

Who does he play in front of though? Thats what im saying...hed be 2nd choice RWB or probably 3rd choice elsewhere...

For me it's partly that he's a local lad, but moreso he's had one proper season, and yup he's not the finished article yet by a mile, but you look across this team and he's the one player when he gets on the ball that gets bums off seats, pace, great workrate, can go past very good players with ease, we won't be able to bring in somebody with those qualities who also has the potential to improve (at under 21 level for England he's shown great end product).

So we sell him for 50m say then 20m of that goes on a McNeil type, and two 26yo strikers from France arrive for 15m a pop.

You as a club cannot keep selling the few players you have that bring something different and expect to be anything than a very average team with no potential to be anything but that.

Last season literally Richy and Gordon where the only two who when they got on the ball tried to do anything with it, if we end up selling both in the same window then we've literally given up trying.

Yet weve brought in Onana as a high potential player for £33mil.

Weve also signed Coady/Tarkowski in very smart deals and Mcneil + Vinegre as well.

Hardly 'given up'.

Getting a bid for Gordon of £50mil obliterates FFP issues and P&S regulations would be open for business for the next 2 seasons.

I'm not sure how you've arrived at this conclusion mate.

I can assure you I'm not on a wind up. But no I am not positive about our chances this season and I am disappointed with where we are at. I don't see any reasons to be positive right now.

I've been clear that I will accept the reasons for selling Gordon if Chelsea increase the bid and leave us with no other option. That doesn't mean I like the fact we have to sell our up and coming young player before we get to see how good he can be. Every player has their price of course, but that doesn't mean I don't feel disappointed about having to sell him.

Sorry if this opinion is not positive enough.

Tim has been extremely negative about strikers recently...all over the place multiple times a day in plenty of threads @catcherintherye .

Its borderline @davek Wum levels of angst.

End of the window isnt far off...lets see how we look then.

I think theres some excitement in store.

They are established full backs .

Gordon has never played that position.

I know. Conte was also rumoured to want him as a RWB.

Not sure where else Gordon fits for them....its such a weird move for Chelsea.

Their fans dont seem happy about it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.