Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read somewhere if we sell Gordon that would give us 100m to spend in FFP terms because he's home grown is that true?
Not exactly, but it would allow us to dramatically swell our spending beyond the £50m in. For these things apparently, the figures for transfers out go into the FFP accounts as £50m straight away (even though that fee will be paid in installments), whereas transfers in are amortised (so divided over length of contract). So we could arguably spend £50 m this summer, but it could be on several deals whose sum total is hugely in excess of £50m - the £50m would just cover expenditure this year.

Obviously, there are other factors- wage bill can't be above a certain % (and we are struggling with that ), are our accounts good enough to just reinvest that monet completely on the team etc.

But that's how I understand it.

Good point, but I was talking more generally.. i.e. FL is on board and it doesn’t cause issues
Yeah, it might be technically Thelwell’s decision to make but a move this big shouldn’t happen without Frank on board, not with the season underway. That just risks fracturing the club entirely.

Lampard is also in the best position to judge the merits of the deal: he’s been around elite level players all his life and will know deep down whether Gordon is on that level. He’s been publicly full of praise for him but he won’t be unaware of his flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.