2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he played with the passion we felt mate.

Far too few do that - and it resonates when you see it.
See I agree mate, it's why the season before Ben Godfrey was the man, but it should only be about performance, and Gordon isn't doing it.
Infact if I was him I would move anyway as this is no place for a youngster with potential

Hazard would have been a better example for Chelsea.

Ultimately every club in the world, probably bar Real Madrid, Barcelona and maybe Bayern are selling clubs at some point. City and Liverpool, arguably 2 of the best 3 teams in the world currently struggle to keep their players once certain teams come in.
i knew there was someone!!! Yeah Hazard.

In normal circumstances I wouldn't want him to be sold but I just think that we are not in a position to wait for his potential to develop. We need players who will achieve results now. Chelsea are the opposite given the size and quality of their squad and can afford to take their time with him

I think Gordon will be better in a team that give him more space and time. His control and dribbling mean he'll be an asset alongside Mount (reminds me a lot of Mount), Sterling, Havertz.

£30m for home grown talent, England potential and gradual improvement is very cheap.
I’d pay 10m just to never see him pea roll another shot or hit the first man/float a ball to the goalie on a corner

They sold Hazard when he was in his late twenties on the decline.
Disagree but Ok - then Robben… all these players that apparently aren’t a good example are all of superior standing within the Chelsea squad at the time they sold them

Arsenal - van persie.

This is exactly what we should be doing, developing players and selling them on at a profit.

Sell Gordon, buy some promising young players to replace him, develop them, rinse and repeat.

My other reservation with this is the rate of squad turnover. We’ve already got 5 new players in, and even without this sale we’d be looking at 7 with Gana and a striker. If Gordon goes, surely we’re buying a winger as well as a striker and CM at a minimum.

Pretty rare any side signs 8 new players in one window; there’s always concerns about the team gelling, and I doubt selling Gordon would be popular among the team.

With all that said, I hated so much of our squad last season that I don’t mind a factory reset. Most of them are proven failures. But it does come with risks attached getting so many in.

Nar, like the lad myself but Barkley was so much better at the same age than Gordon was.

Obviously Barkley is a very thick man so chalk and cheese in that respect as Gordon seems a good lad. But I'd have been more gutted losing Barkley at the same age
Difference is though Gordon hasn't even filled out yet. His abilty to get away from opponents is so De Bruyne it's no wonder he'll sell for 50m.
Barkley was an insane talent and his goals obviously stick in all our memories, he was a monster and approaching Rooney standards of physical ability. On the other hand Gordon is not a goal scorer but what he brings to a side is hard to buy. His chasing down in all areas of the pitch is relentless. Sadly for us I think he can only improve and move on to massive heights.

His first full season was in a dour relegation battle where he had to stand up and be a man, he became a star of our team.
He was never afforded the "he's only young, give him time" comments Davies,DCL and others received in their early years, he didn't need it though as he was light years ahead of them.

Sad day for me if we sell this diamond but if we really do bring in a couple of blue chip strikers with the money I can live with it.

Here's hoping Mcneil can become half the player Gordon is without having to bide our time and make excuses for him.

In normal circumstances I wouldn't want him to be sold but I just think that we are not in a position to wait for his potential to develop. We need players who will achieve results now. Chelsea are the opposite given the size and quality of their squad and can afford to take their time with him

Like who

Talk Sport talking about this soon. Jim White has spoken with Mosh who said they have had no bid for Gordon from any club.

Status
Not open for further replies.