2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing in a reasonably priced back-up or competition wouldn't be knee-jerking or splurging though. That quote seems to be more a case of tempering expectations or keeping cards close to the chest rather than explicitly ruling out any deals. No manager's gonna come out and say we're looking into flogging Gordon because we need a player or three in in other positions.

I don't think we can read too much into public statements - especially deliberately vague and ambiguous statements like that.
My take is that Gordon is not for sale and we will be buying Guirassy and Gana.

There has to be something to connect with.

If we had been managed better in the last five-plus years, we could have that conversation. As things stand, we have to be fairly soulless for a couple of years. That's coming through in our sponsorship decisions, in style of play, and in the transfer market.

Agree but who was it the fans actually managed yo connect with last season. Richy and Gordon and then you go sell both.

That basically shows us everything we need to know about the respect fir supporters from the owner and board.

I love Gordon and think the lad is the best home grown since Rooney, I called it on here months ago he's our most valuable asset, even eclipsing DCL's perceived worth. I knew clubs would come sniffing close season.

However there's something I don't get about this Chelsea bid........If any of you lads can put me straight.

Gordon is not a striker or target man, the last 2 games show this, although goals for me are not what he's about.

Yet Chelsea are said to be looking for a true striker/front man and opt for Gordon. It's manic if this truly is their aim.

It should be a surprise, because unlike the kneekjerkers around here I back a manager.

I dont want Lampard out btw. I just wont offer him support. And I wont be handing ay counter argument out when then pitchforkers copme looking for him in large numbers.

That's being consistent.

You're better than this. I thought...
But under benitez you specifically stated to me that he is either backed, or opposed. There was no middle ground of just not offering him support. But now there is, when it suits you?

You also claimed you back a manager for their first season no matter what. Interesting that you aren't extending that to lampard (after also claiming he built a good team at chelsea that won champs league etc - so maybe its worth giving him the time to build the team here?).

Gallagher is a midfielder, Gordon isn't.

I doubt Gordon will push for a move. I doubt the club are desperate for him to leave - we've turned down a £40m bid ffs.

It's just that every player has a price and a valuation.
It might have come in part as a result of us pushing to sign Broja, Batshuayi etc - we don’t know what else is going on there

It’s a lot of money to pay for potential though and an attacking player who hasn’t really scored or assisted so far

He could be the new Jeffers - he was quick

But under benitez you specifically stated to me that he is either backed, or opposed. There was no middle ground of just not offering him support. But now there is, when it suits you?

You also claimed you back a manager for their first season no matter what. Interesting that you aren't extending that to lampard (after also claiming he built a good team at chelsea that won champs league etc - so maybe its worth giving him the time to build the team here?).
I always say I wont call for a manager's head in his first season....and I'm not.

Consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.