2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one will not get upset with someone who sat in the front row of the away fans at a derby at goodison a few years back when was playing for Everton youth side. He’s a kopite. He wants out. Hes got the worst set pieces ever. Adds hardly any goals or assists.

There's not really much point in getting excited about youth any more is there?

Watching kids matches, reading the thread on here, checking out the results and stats wondering if anyone is going to make it.

Because if they make it to the first team and they're exciting they are instantly sold. Better to take any emotion out of it and just view the kids team as potential revenue and not our next big hope.

I must have been watching highlights and wondering if Gordon would make it for years now. If we sell him I wish I hadn't bothered, what an utter waste of my time.

Difference is though Gordon hasn't even filled out yet. His abilty to get away from opponents is so De Bruyne it's no wonder he'll sell for 50m.
Barkley was an insane talent and his goals obviously stick in all our memories, he was a monster and approaching Rooney standards of physical ability. On the other hand Gordon is not a goal scorer but what he brings to a side is hard to buy. His chasing down in all areas of the pitch is relentless. Sadly for us I think he can only improve and move on to massive heights.

His first full season was in a dour relegation battle where he had to stand up and be a man, he became a star of our team.
He was never afforded the "he's only young, give him time" comments Davies,DCL and others received in their early years, he didn't need it though as he was light years ahead of them.

Sad day for me if we sell this diamond but if we really do bring in a couple of blue chip strikers with the money I can live with it.

Here's hoping Mcneil can become half the player Gordon is without having to bide our time and make excuses for him.
Mate I'm with you all the way about Gordon, but I just don't think he's good enough to warrant rejecting around 50m, he might well be in the future but our team now is a shambles ( attacking wise ) and we need players now.

If selling potential for that price allows lampard to get a few new faces in we should

There’s a school of thought that some Evertonians have chased him out through their unreasonable scorn and that these same Evertonians are the ones who cry NSNO and produce the most bile towards their own club, when THEY are the problem.

They are also the most thin skinned so cannot take any criticism well. They are true Brexiteers of our fanbase, self centred and deluded, the emptiest vessels shouting loudest and unable to recognise their damaging traits in the mirror or even admit they called things wrong.

Do you think Everton Da's want the club to go backwards so they can continue to hold the glory years over the younger fans?

I certainly do

I've seen some crazy overreactions when it comes to Gordon, some greatly under/over estimating his talent.

I wouldn't begrudge the club for selling him for 50m. It of course all depends on how we reinvest the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.