2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point mate and its blown up in our faces every time we've done it. After a striker im content enough not to sign anyone else.

To much change isnt a good thing.
You don't think we neded wholesale change after last season's car crash performances?

Everyone was calling for it at the time.

Now we appear to be doing it.

It is unfortunate but a neccesary evil that this is being done on the back of selling 2 of our only decent players.

Clearly there are no takers for the deadwood which is sad but hardly surprising.

Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why can't we be so well run like dat Brighton selling those players brought in for peanuts for mega money? moneyball is the only way these days to progress look at Leicester"

Also Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why you selling one of our bright young players for? What message does that send to the rest of the football world? I'll tells ya it says to the rest of the world we're selling club with no ambishun"

Never change lads lol

Mate I'm with you all the way about Gordon, but I just don't think he's good enough to warrant rejecting around 50m, he might well be in the future but our team now is a shambles ( attacking wise ) and we need players now.

If selling potential for that price allows lampard to get a few new faces in we should
Nicely put mate, thanks. I think I'm a bit miffed as we're selling him to buy striker.Strikers. Well I hope the money is not going to be spent on Adams or similar when we have one of our employees taking the Championship by storm with his goals How the hell Ellis is not with us is beyond criminal and really is a disgrace.

If the club says no to these offers then they have a duty and obligation to get a striker in today so we don’t take out most promising asset next weekend and throw him up top to be humiliated. Bc he is an atrocious striker.

This club is an absolute joke

Nicely put mate, thanks. I think I'm a bit miffed as we're selling him to buy striker.Strikers. Well I hope the money is not going to be spent on Adams or similar when we have one of our employees taking the Championship by storm with his goals How the hell Ellis is not with us is beyond criminal and really is a disgrace.
Can Simms not be recalled? I’ve no idea how loans work.

Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why can't we be so well run like dat Brighton selling those players brought in for peanuts for mega money moneyball is the only way these days to progress look at Leicester"

Also Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why you selling one of our bright young players for? What message does that send to the rest of the football world? I'll tells ya it says to the rest of the world we're selling club with no ambishun"

Never change lads lol

We’re the only club in football who are a selling club if you read this place.

When top clubs sell players it’s all fine as they don’t need them anyway (apparently)

When bottom end clubs do it it’s moneyball and intelligent player trading and recruitment

When Everton do it it’s abhorrent and yet another sign of us being a selling club.

What’s even stranger is we’re apparently awful at recruitment, and have a terrible academy that doesn’t produce anything, but equally we’re a shambles for continuing to sell top players at big prices and youth players to teams above us. Not quite sure how both of those can be true at the same time but only on GOT I suppose.

If we were going to be comfortably mid table this year I’d never entertain selling him. But as we look to be in another relegation battle due to some gaping holes in the team, it is certainly worth considering.

Would hurt to see him go but if it lets Frank bring in some forwards and get us away from the bottom three, well, I couldn’t argue. It would hurt a lot more to see us relegated.

Hopefully we can address the gaps in the team without losing him though. Onana came out of left field so maybe a new number 9 will too…
I don't see us being in another relegation battle. Had DCL been available I'm pretty sure we'd have a minimum 2 points, maybe 4 by now.

If you told me Anthony Gordon was going to hit 10 goals, 5 assists this year.

I'd much prefer we kept him.

Unfortunately, I really struggle to see that happening because I don't believe that players suddenly learn how to be clinical.

And for those in favour of turning down silly money... Do you honestly believe he's going to achieve those stats this year?
Here's the thing, last season not counting penalties we scored 37 goals.

Gordon was directly involved (goal/assist) in 7 of them. We are starved for goals in the team and people slate the lad who was directly involved in 19% of our goals during the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.