Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

He does not even get minutes over there.
Yeah and their fans have been going mad that he is not getting a chance over McFred. Id love for us to have signed Garner (won't happen now) much more than any of the Chelsea midfielders, he just has everything in his locker. It was frustrating watching Lewis O'Brien for Forest yesterday, bloke is an absolute baller and was there for the taking.

I don’t know why everyone wants to sell AG.

He’s they type of player we should be keeping.

Off load the likes of Gomes, Mina and Rondon etc

It's a bit of a gamble isn't it? Either he'll be a success kicking it on in a big club or he ends up rotting away at Sunderland. Better to take the cash in the current situation

Sounds underwhelming but at least he can be a target man and bring others into play
It depends what our overall intentions are this window. If this is the only striking option we are looking at bringing in I would say we need to set the bar higher. If we are looking at bringing this player in as back up to DCL, to take some of the workload off him and be able to rest him or cover for injuries, then I'm OK with it. He looks to be a definite upgrade on Rondon and somebody who can be effective off the bench. He's a decent price, good age and won't cost a fortune in wages. But the caveat to this is that we bring in a second striker of superior quality to play alongside him or DCL. A Terrier for instance or somebody of that quality. We still need to replace Richy in the squad/team. If selling Gordon allows us to do this, then whilst I'm not happy about it I think it's worth considering as it would improve our squad right at this minute.

Last edited:
Need a forward this week regardless of other issues going on.
Yeah, this is the problem, do the negotiations over Gordon pause all other transfer business? Obviously if a pile of cash comes in the targets change, but we need to get *something* done in the next couple of days regardless. Forest is already a massive game for us.

Gordon is not worth £50 million based on his current level, they would be paying a 'potential' premium. The thing is no one knows if he will reach that potential, lots of shining stars at 21 do not fulfil early promise. Looking at players we have seen at Everton, did Rodwell or Barkley ever go on to be the players they were predicted to be at Gordons age. Royston Drenthe was signed by Real Madrid when he was 20!! If we keep Gordon for the rest of his career he may never reach that 'potential' value of £50 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.