Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 27 mill pending for Kean mate, while we could keep Anthony and sell in the Jan window or in the six weeks before July next year and still count toward this years accounts if required, we're only 6 weeks into the new financial year.

Yes all very fair.

I think the Kean money gives us more flexibility to spend as a bonus, rather than makes us "ok" as it were.

Yes would could sell in January, which may be part of a plan, but there is some level of risk there, if he has a slow start to the season. Likewise, selling before July also means you are negotiating from a position of weakness, not strength. To me that is a real risk.

And what do you do if DCL does get fit. We'd be left with 2 centre forwards who can only play centre forward. So one of them will be on the bench. Then we're left with players alongside who don't score enough goals. Even if DCL hardly plays, we still haven't replaced the goals that Richy bought.

For me, replacing Richy has to be our priority now. A back up to DCL next priority.
It depends what type of forward we buy. But most teams have more than one functioning forward.

It depends what type of forward we buy. But most teams have more than one functioning forward.
Yeah, I'm advocating that we buy 2. One to replace Richy, who could play wide in a front 3 or in a front 2 if we decide to play 352 formation, and another as a back up to DCL. That way we would have 3 recognised strikers, one of who can also play out wide in a front 3. We may lose Gordon from one of those wider roles, but if our width is going to be coming from wing backs in most of our games, which seems likely, then we probably wouldn't need the same numbers. We would still have the new guy, Gray, McNeil and Iwobi who can play there, plus Townsend when he's fit.

If we sell Gordon to Chelsea, I would hope that we would use the opportunity to bring in one of their surplus players on loan too.

If there was any way we could try get Pulisic from Chelsea in return that would be good going. £20m + Pulisic would replace Gordon and leave money for a new forward too.
Pulisic's value would be substantially greater than £20m I am afraid to tell you, especially if we're passing off Gordon's value at £50m.

Remember when we had Ancelotti as our manager and an attacking unit of Richarlison, DCL and James Rodriguez? Nice.
Add Digne and he who must not be named to that as well - and I’d say we have lost 90% plus of our goal contributions.

The replacements - grey/Townsend/rondon/myko…just can’t replicate what we had attacking wise.

Desperate end to the window for us to make some significant signings that can score goals.

£35m for Gallagher is mad. Same with Gibbs-White for £40m
Agree on Gibbs White.

I'd bite your hand off Gallagher at £35m though. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored more premier goals than our whole midfield combined last season plus he chips in with assists. He's 22 and has forced his way into the England set up. I reckon he would want regular game time in a world cup season too.

Just won't work like that though. We'll end up splashing £20m on Che Adams and then signing Gibbs-White for like £40m.

£50m could get you at least two very good attackers to take Gordon's position but I have no faith whatsoever that we'll buy well.
30/35 M with Broja & Gallagher thrown in on loan then spend 15 M on Joao Pedro from Watford, that is Rico’s replacement, so underrated it’s unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.