Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what do you do if DCL does get fit. We'd be left with 2 centre forwards who can only play centre forward. So one of them will be on the bench. Then we're left with players alongside who don't score enough goals. Even if DCL hardly plays, we still haven't replaced the goals that Richy bought.

For me, replacing Richy has to be our priority now. A back up to DCL next priority.
I'd go 532. None of our wide forwards are any good so why persist with them?

It depends what our overall intentions are this window. If this is the only striking option we are looking at bringing in I would say we need to set the bar higher. If we are looking at bringing this player in as back up to DCL, to take some of the workload off him and be able to rest him or cover for injuries, then I'm OK with it. He looks to be a definite upgrade on Rondon and somebody who can be effective off the bench. He's a decent price, good age and won't cost a fortune in wages. But the caveat to this is that we bring in a second striker of superior quality to play alongside him or DCL. A Terrier for instance or somebody of that quality. We still need to replace Richy in the squad/team. If selling Gordon allows us to do this, then whilst I'm not happy about it I think it's worth considering as it would improve our squad right at this minute.
Yeah agree with this entirely

Yeah, I'm advocating that we buy 2. One to replace Richy, who could play wide in a front 3 or in a front 2 if we decide to play 352 formation, and another as a back up to DCL. That way we would have 3 recognised strikers, one of who can also play out wide in a front 3. We may lose Gordon from one of those wider roles, but if our width is going to be coming from wing backs in most of our games, which seems likely, then we probably wouldn't need the same numbers. We would still have the new guy, Gray, McNeil and Iwobi who can play there, plus Townsend when he's fit.

If we sell Gordon to Chelsea, I would hope that we would use the opportunity to bring in one of their surplus players on loan too.
I like your thinking. What if Patterson gets injured or needs a breather ? Do we need another right wing back or is that new lad Vingare also able to play RWB?

I'd go 532. None of our wide forwards are any good so why persist with them?
I agree but then our wing backs would have to provide proper width going forward. Happy with Patterson on the right but Myko isn't attacking enough for me. I'd utilise him at LCB and play Vinegre in front of him. Or even McNeill who has a decent left footed cross on him and puts a shft in defensively.

Apart from the striking positions (at the moment) I think we have a really good balance in our squad now. Need to get Gana over the line too by the way.

I agree but then our wing backs would have to provide proper width going forward. Happy with Patterson on the right but Myko isn't attacking enough for me. I'd utilise him at LCB and play Vinegre in front of him. Or even McNeill who has a decent left footed cross on him and puts a shft in defensively.

Apart from the striking positions (at the moment) I think we have a really good balance in our squad now. Need to get Gana over the line too by the way.
100%

Afternoon all!
For what it’s worth here’s the net result of todays trawl around the interweb….

According to John Percy in The Telegraph, “Frank Lampard is targeting more firepower ahead of the home match against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, with Southampton’s Che Adams firmly in his sights.”

The London Evening Standard claim that Chelsea have offered a staggering £43million to sign Anthony Gordon. Everton don’t want to sell but a fee approaching £50million for an exciting yet unproven player may just tempt them into selling.

Chelsea have not made any formal offer for Everton midfielder Anthony Gordon, as per Alan Myers.
According to John Percy in The Telegraph, “Frank Lampard is targeting more firepower ahead of the home match against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, with Southampton’s Che Adams firmly in his sights.”

The London Evening Standard claim that Chelsea have offered a staggering £43million to sign Anthony Gordon. Everton don’t want to sell but a fee approaching £50million for an exciting yet unproven player may just tempt them into selling.

Chelsea have not made any formal offer for Everton midfielder Anthony Gordon, as per Alan Myers.

The Sky Sports journalist wrote on Twitter on 15 August that the Toffees will not welcome any offer for Gordon if they come at all, from Chelsea or any other club. According to a report from BBC Sport (August 14), Everton have turned down a £40m offer from Chelsea for the England Under-21 forward.

Myers wrote on Twitter: “My understanding is that there has not been an official bid for Gordon (from Chelsea) and the club would not welcome any if or when they come.”

Serhou Guirassy
The links to Serhou Guirassy emerged earlier this month and have picked up momentum since the start of the Premier League. Ligue 1 side Stade Rennais could sanction the sale of Guirassy after they acquired Arnaud Kalimeundo from PSG. The Guinea international had a spectacular campaign with Rennes last season, netting 12 goals in 26 Ligue 1 games and playing an important part in Rennes’ achievement of fourth place in the league.

According to French media outlet L’Equipe, the 26 year old could soon depart from Stade Rennais. In fact, manager Bruno Genesio left Guirassy out of the squad for the weekend clash against AS Monaco.

Bamba Dieng
The striker hunt has once again seen Everton linked with a striker that plies his trade in France. Most recently, it has been reported that Marseille forward Bamba Dieng has been offered to the Blues. The 22 year old possesses a decent goalscoring record, netting seven goals in 11 appearances for Marseille last season.

Dieng isn’t a world beater but at 22 he has plenty of room to grow and evolve. Everton do face the competition from newly promoted Fulham and Nottingham Forest. As per L’Equipe, talks between Everton and Marseille have been held but nothing is imminent as of now.

Che Adams
As per Daily Mail, Everton had made an approach for Southampton striker Che Adams. The Scotsman is looking to leave Southampton and Everton might just come in at the right time to offer him an exit route. Adams is said to be open to a move to Goodison Park but the Toffees do face some competition from rivals Leeds United and Nottingham Forest.

The 26 year old netted seven Premier League goals and three assists in 23 starts, which isn’t headline grabbing but still noteworthy. Adams is valued at £16.2 million by Transfermarkt, which would fit into the budget as the Toffees cannot spend an exorbitant amount of cash.

Viktor Gyokeres
Last week, Everton registered interest in Coventry City forward Viktor Gykoeres. The Swedish striker enjoyed a flourishing season in the Championship, scoring 17 goals in 45 games, helping his side finish 12th.

The 24 year old may not have the Premier League experience that Everton are looking for but the Swede is a hardworking, reactive striker who offers some degree of versatility. Gyokeres is capable of playing as a sole striker and as a left side forward in a two striker formation He might be relatively cheaper than other striker options which could be an advantage if Everton do not have money to spend.

Ludovic Ajorque
Ajorque is the third striker from France that has been linked to Everton. English sides Everton and Newcastle had shown interest in the 28 year old towering striker. Strasbourg has already rejected a €10 million bid from Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin. So, if the Blues want to strike a deal, they will have to pay around €15 million to sign the 6 feet 4 inch forward.

Ajorque has similar traits to Calvert-Lewin. He is extremely powerful in the air and is a magnet to crosses. He might not be the most agile striker, but his holdup play and ability to allow others around him to make a run is impressive.

Premier League sides AFC Bournemouth and Everton are keeping tabs on Bristol City striker Antoine Semenyo, as per a report from the Daily Mail. The 22-year-old recorded eight goals and 12 assists in the Championship last term, proving to be a key figure alongside fellow forward Andreas Weimann in keeping the Robins afloat in the second tie

30/35 M with Broja & Gallagher thrown in on loan then spend 15 M on Joao Pedro from Watford, that is Rico’s replacement, so underrated it’s unreal.
Watford aren’t letting him go for that cheap, he’s the main man there. They’ll let us have Sarr for about £25m though

Seeing as our squad at the moment = almost guaranteed relegation, and we've thus far been unsuccessful in attempts to sign striker(s), this move has to happen if there's a chance of it so that we can sort out of squad as soon as possible with the windfall. Seems like the money isn't currently there to go out and get an actual quality striker, but this £50m would pay for a top striker from abroad plus his wages for 5 years, and leave money left over to plug the gap left by Gordon too.
Really? Bit of an over-reaction don't you think?

Man Utd are worse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.