2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to do what Brighton did with Cucurella. I know he's not HG but they had one good season out of him, named their price and said if people match it we will sell and if not then we keep him. We need to do the same with Gordon.

Just hypothetically what if the first offer was 75m?

I value Gordon at 20m to 25m. We're getting offered 42m. I personally don't need to negotiate on that. It isn't capitulation it's being sensible. Someone wants to overpay for a replaceable piece. Take the money, buy the replacement, use the leftovers to get even better. Negotiating is risking an obvious win for very little tangible benefit.
Test the waters to see if we can get anything else, even a sell on or whatever,

Never accept the first offer. Even Michael Scott knew that.

I’m fairly sanguine about this.

I like Gordon, very much. He’s raw, and mostly potential at this stage. But he grafts like hell and that industry was so important (in partnership with the Goodison crowd) last season in getting us going.

But £50 million+ would be good business and would open enough doors to improve the squad.

I think it’s pretty straightforward.

If he wants to go, we let him go. It never pays to keep a player who wants to leave.

But if he’s not set on that, we should keep him.

Chelsea decide on Sunday "we want Gordon" and chances are he's gone by Wednesday.

We decide we want a PSG cast off and it's dragged on all summer.

Get tough Everton, screw Chelsea over and make them sweat, and call PSG saying if deal is not done by 4pm then shove it.

Toughen up a bit, it's as important as having the right squad. Without doing so we'll never have the right squad. Stop being so easy to roll over.
I don't see much logic in making Chelsea 'sweat' IF we've decided the deal is going to happen. Might as well get it done asap so we can get the money in and get on with moving for our primary targets right away before for the window closes and before we lose even more games playing silly beggars.

Test the waters to see if we can get anything else, even a sell on or whatever,

Never accept the first offer. Even Michael Scott knew that.
We can't say for sure what we're doing but asking for small concessions like a sell on is different from an outright rejection and the reports to me sound like the latter.

We can't say for sure what we're doing but asking for small concessions like a sell on is different from an outright rejection and the reports to me sound like the latter.

Obviously we don't want this dragging on forever so we need to come to a decision one way or another in next week or so.

But that doesn't mean we should just accept the first offer. We need to regain a reputation of being a team who is very strong in negotiations.

I hope we have a number in mind and a timeframe in mind. If that number is not met by that date then Gordon should stay.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…
You're a good egg, Bobster.

Hard to know what to hope for in the player plus cash stakes. Gallagher is obvious but his value would surely eat into the majority of the fee and not leave much to replace Gordon - or Richarlison, for that matter - with. Broja might be a decent striker, might also be poo. Big risk.

In the wider positions, Ziyech likely has his sights set higher, Kenedy is plop and CHO is apparently on a monstrous wedge.

Maybe worth sniffing around some versatile, young reinforcements? Chalobah? Ampadu? Gilmour if the value is sufficiently low as to leave us with a good wedge of walkin' around money?

Obviously we don't want this dragging on forever so we need to come to a decision one way or another in next week or so.

But that doesn't mean we should just accept the first offer. We need to regain a reputation of being a team who is very strong in negotiations.
I'd honestly rather we didn't. I'd much prefer we were a team who set a reasonable price and sold players at that price.

Maybe one day we'll have a talented enough squad to compete for trophies and then we can take harder stances.

Did it come from Keith Azul? No truth to it, if not.
Screenshot_20220815-141853.png

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…
Thanks .

How much of the 42 was made up in add ons mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.