2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor Gallagher - from a pure player quality and potential perspective - is worth at least as much as Gordon. Absolute pipe dream to be thinking we'd get a large sum + Gallagher.
It'll be Gilmour.

Whatsmore, most of the people who want Gordon gone will have that all day long.

That's the ambition of them.

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…

Cheers ;) any ideas on who we want -- just Broja and Gallagher or...?

Connor Gallagher - from a pure player quality and potential perspective - is worth at least as much as Gordon. Absolute pipe dream to be thinking we'd get a large sum + Gallagher.

To me and you he's worth double Gordon's value as a young England international with end product.

However, if Chelsea want Gordon that much...£50mil :eek:

You never know...

£100m for Gordon and Richarlison would be amazing business. But we desperately need to get the new signings right. Failure to get the right attacking players in could easily mean relegation.

Gordon on the verge of joining Chelsea and waltzing round Euston doing photos with punters.

Why doesn't that seem likely? ?

Broja and Gallagher are both £40m players themselves.
Gilmour probably £25-30m ish.
Batshuayi £10m.

We would therefore be looking at Gilmour + £15m, or Batshuayi +£35m, at market value. But Chelsea may just be desperate to get people off the books and essentially give us one of the latter two for huge discounts.

No way they are selling the first two cheap though.

It wasn't speculation it was deduction.

If Everton are offered £42M and wont accept that, but may be open to cash + a player, then that player in question cant be either Gallagher or Broja...who would both fetch a very hefty fee for Chelsea. Ergo: it has to be lower cash offer + Gilmour.

How can you even begin to believe it'd be cash plus Gallagher/Broja????!!!!

That's just 'kin daft.
If they throwing a player as a sweetener, I think it's likely to be Batshuayi.

It wasn't speculation it was deduction.

If Everton are offered £42M and wont accept that, but may be open to cash + a player, then that player in question cant be either Gallagher or Broja...who would both fetch a very hefty fee for Chelsea. Ergo: it has to be lower cash offer + Gilmour.

How can you even begin to believe it'd be cash plus Gallagher/Broja????!!!!

That's just 'kin daft.
I don't. How can you deduce from my comment that I do?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just kin daft Dave.

You're a good egg, Bobster.

Hard to know what to hope for in the player plus cash stakes. Gallagher is obvious but his value would surely eat into the majority of the fee and not leave much to replace Gordon - or Richarlison, for that matter - with. Broja might be a decent striker, might also be poo. Big risk.

In the wider positions, Ziyech likely has his sights set higher, Kenedy is plop and CHO is apparently on a monstrous wedge.

Maybe worth sniffing around some versatile, young reinforcements? Chalobah? Ampadu? Gilmour if the value is sufficiently low as to leave us with a good wedge of walkin' around money?
Chalobah is an interesting one, some suggestion they would let him go. Not really the end of the pitch we need to look at but West Ham and now Villa in the market for a CB could give us the cover we need to get Keane out the door.

For me, this is the crux of the matter. There's still time in the window for transfers, however have Thelwell and Co. haven't factored in Gordon's potential sale?

On the face of it, a £50m+ bid would be very good business in terms of FFP and providing us the opportunity to bring in one or two finished articles.

But on the last point, would we? If we're going to sell Gordon now, we have to be confident that we can secure the addition that we need and at the right price.

If that isn't likely, we should keep him as you'd hope that he'll at least keep his value if not improve over the period of the season.

I think Gordon has a lot of raw potential and in an ideal world I'd like him to say although he's not the finished article yet and we need to be savvy.

People may grumble about selling our best assets although that's where we are: to improve, we must sell high and buy low in quantity. Look at Dortmund et al.
Well put. You'd like to think that if the club are considering the sale/player pushing for it our supposed top class DOF was sitting down with FL the minute they knew about it to come up with a plan of action for reinvestment should it come to fruition. Last thing we can afford to do is have the sale go through a week before deadline and then start our planning of what we do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.