2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get our valuation of around £50m and sell. Then I'm ok with that

If we don't get our valuation and keep the player. Then I'm ok with that too, and happy to keep the player.

What we cannot do is allow this to drag any more than the next week or so. If we sell it needs to be very soon. If we decide definitively to keep him, then it needs to be soon too so we know exactly our budget for getting the forwards we desperately need.

We need to be decisive and have a clear time frame where we talk, and when we will stop talking if necessary.

I like Gordon. He can drag us up the pitch and his work rate is ace.

But we really shouldn’t struggle to find a replacement that does that for 40+ million quid.

Stats aren’t the whole reality. It’s why there are scouts who watch players.

Sometimes you aren’t scoring but you are creating space, tying down defenders, holding shape, etc.

Completely subjective; what happens if those 4 goals came as complete tap-ins or against weaker opposition.

And I get that you’re trying to take this high ground about how you see the game differently, but truth be told, Tyrone Mings had a relatively easy game.

He’s clearly not a striker, he’s a runner who can pull defenders. He’s worked on his tactical game and on his own upper body strength, which deserves applause because it’s shows a willingness. But he’s not a world beater by any chance.

Chelsea will pay £50m for him because that’s what Chelsea do; they pay for English potential because they have the resources to do so

But in the scenario I gave you, they are all tap ins. They are all equal chances. The guy who has the better goal to opportunity ratio is the better finisher. Just looking at total goals isnt going to give you a relaible understanding of conversion.
There's no high ground to be taken. It's just a fact, that a world class team, have bid astronomical sums of money for a player they clearly view as havign world class potential. They might be wrong, but they are a lot more clued up than I am. I am unaware of Chelsea paying over 40m for a player aged 21 or under. It's not a frequent occurrence anyway. They clearly think highly of him, as does Dan Ashworth who has a great eye for a player.

He really hasn’t! He, as has been said many many times in this thread, has shown potential!
If Chelsea or any one else in that case want to cough up £50m+ for potential, Everton at this particular point would be mad not to take it!

Well people don't bid over 40m for players who are not world class at the age range. It really is that simple. The experts know what they are doing.

But in the scenario I gave you, they are all tap ins. They are all equal chances. The guy who has the better goal to opportunity ratio is the better finisher. Just looking at total goals isnt going to give you a relaible understanding of conversion.
There's no high ground to be taken. It's just a fact, that a world class team, have bid astronomical sums of money for a player they clearly view as havign world class potential. They might be wrong, but they are a lot more clued up than I am. I am unaware of Chelsea paying over 40m for a player aged 21 or under. It's not a frequent occurrence anyway. They clearly think highly of him, as does Dan Ashworth who has a great eye for a player.
Well they paid £72m for a goalkeeper who is utter utter crap

So there’s that

Well they paid £72m for a goalkeeper who is utter utter crap

So there’s that

He was a bad buy, but he also wasn't 21. Nobody was paying close to that either. The difference is Dan Ashworth has apparently bid 35m. Spurs were looking at a 35m bid. Clearly there's a fair bit of consensus on him being worth that figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.