2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Alli is that he is such a specific player that suits a very specific system that its almost impossible to fit him in unless you build a team around him and he's not good enough to do that nowadays.

No problem with selling him for that exact reason.
Why sign him in the first place if that is the case. Weird transfer this, such a waste of a talent.

Looks to me like the club are giving him the choice

A) knuckle down, step up training intensity and fight for your career

B) take the easy way out and enjoy a year-long holiday in Turkey

Huge move for his career this. Not arsed either way, disappointed it hasn’t worked out for him here.

The original deal was probably Levy covering his back in case Deli came good.

He probably knew this was a possibility. They got him off the wage bill at the end of the day.

The club need to seriously consider thsi however we are INCREDIBLY light up top if we lose Dele and Gordon in a week. Could make negotiating tougher

What?? So we didn’t make a loss on Cenk Tosun?

In the real world yes absolutely.

But at the time where he left the club, no. His book value would have been reduced to nil by then.

But all the expenses on his wages, his write down in the books would have already all gone through the accounts, and has the same effect in creating a loss.

But selling a player early in their contract for less than you paid crystalises a loss early and brings it forward. So saving his wages and avoiding crystalising a loss now is probably better

Apparently it's already done loan option to buy. Sad but completely foreseeable good to see the club might get out of it

Weird. If the Fab report is accurate, having “lost all love for footy” doesn’t square with minutes being his main priority.

Sitting on our bench and getting paid is far more attractive than minutes for a terrible team if you don’t like football. If he has spotted that he isn’t getting game time here for whatever reason, fair play to him if he looks elsewhere. Maybe looking for some anonymity? Doubt it though seeing as I’ve seen his birds arse more than my own recently.

Why are there still some media professionals that think we have him on loan from Spurs?

Looks to me like the club are giving him the choice

A) knuckle down, step up training intensity and fight for your career

B) take the easy way out and enjoy a year-long holiday in Turkey

Huge move for his career this. Not arsed either way, disappointed it hasn’t worked out for him here.
They might not be giving him a choice. The money we're on the hook for is a real issue and he's quite bad.

Whoa Ornstein is running with this now…I’m shocked and still not convinced Dele would go to Turkey. But I’d be in favor of it. Clearly not rated by our coaching staff so what’s the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.