2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just winds me up, it shouldnt, but everybody talking about up front fees, not a peep will be said next summer about all the payments we will have to make, not a peep this summer on payments we will have had to make for the players signed in the last 2 or 3 years either.

As I say, I should just go about my day and not mention it and no doubt ive highlighted it, it wont get any better but still.

Keep it simple lads, NET spend is the most useless metric in football, well it was, until people turned to down payments, which is even more useless. Unless people can give me a list of the payments, when they are due, what amount, what are the adds, till then, im gonna use NET spend!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, on top of Agents fees, signing on fees, we have defo spent vastly more than 10million English pounds.
People are generically stupid mate and you should always assume them to be so.

What do you think he should have done instead?
Does it matter? In the end he made his choice and yes I do think he could of had a much better career elsewhere in terms of a playing career. It’s not like he played some huge part in what Chelsea have won while he’s been there. By all accounts they would also like to get rid.

Does it matter? In the end he made his choice and yes I do think he could of had a much better career elsewhere in terms of a playing career. It’s not like he played some huge part in what Chelsea have won while he’s been there. By all accounts they would also like to get rid.
But by staying at Everton he would have earned less money and seen vastly less trophies held above heads.

But by staying at Everton he would have earned less money and seen vastly less trophies held above heads.
It’s whatever floats your boat I guess. As a player I would be wanting to play week in week out. Not playing would have me wanting to go elsewhere. I don’t know, I guess going from playing regularly and earning 70 grand a week to 100 grand and not playing very often doesn’t seem that great. If somebody says “oh I don’t know, not playing and getting paid seems great”, it’s making it sound like an ordeal to play football, which is strange.

It’s whatever floats your boat I guess. As a player I would be wanting to play week in week out. Not playing would have me wanting to go elsewhere. I don’t know, I guess going from playing regularly and earning 70 grand a week to 100 grand and not playing very often doesn’t seem that great. If somebody says “oh I don’t know, not playing and getting paid seems great”, it’s making it sound like an ordeal to play football, which is strange.
It takes all sorts Frenk.

Hunger, all the very best players in the world have it, you think Messi and Cr7 look at their bank balance and think they have done well? Hell no.

Its the same in life Frenk, some people just want to earn as much as they can and relax, some people will push and push, no matter what, they want more.

I think its clear what bracket Barkley is in, Me? I dont know, throw 500k a month at me and im almost certain it would quell my hunger, what about you Frenk?

This saga means the board have either finally woken up or were going to make another mess of things .
Probably both
Sell 50m. FPP problems all gone and sign more players . Serious no brainer !
Could be he's not here in September and neither we nor Lampard has a real say in the matter.

That said Lampard & Thelwell have a fixed Idea on how they want the team to play and they can't see Gordon...however good he is or isn't...fitting into it.

Above my pay grade probably, but I'm Not one for Ds of Football and I Am for finding a system that fits what you have Not what you would like.
Like I said all above my paygrade

It just winds me up, it shouldnt, but everybody talking about up front fees, not a peep will be said next summer about all the payments we will have to make, not a peep this summer on payments we will have had to make for the players signed in the last 2 or 3 years either.

As I say, I should just go about my day and not mention it and no doubt ive highlighted it, it wont get any better but still.

Keep it simple lads, NET spend is the most useless metric in football, well it was, until people turned to down payments, which is even more useless. Unless people can give me a list of the payments, when they are due, what amount, what are the adds, till then, im gonna use NET spend!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, on top of Agents fees, signing on fees, we have defo spent vastly more than 10million English pounds.
I get it mate. But I suppose a big issue this window hasn't been that we don't have money, it's that we haven't had tons to spend so have had to use it in a limited manner when it comes to those up front fees.

I guess the thing is is that the money they have allowed for those previous transfers have already been accounted for, one way or the other, just like the £20m or whatever it is we owe for Onana will have been accounted for.

Leeds signed Raphinha from the same club on deadline day 2020 so please, stop talking balls Mr Testicles :)

I've seen Terrier play a lot, I really like him. Of course, there are other players to go and get, he's just an example.
Fair enough mate.

I just know what some Evertonians are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.