Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s a decent player, but I also find him really irritating. I’ve enjoyed him winding up Arsenal and some other teams, but I think he crosses the line at times too. Had to be dragged away from the refs after a game last year. Was also dropped at one point by Brighton the year before that for fighting with a teammate. I know it sounds gossipy, but there’s some patterns of attitude issues with him.

Beyond that, he’s just not really a striker to me, more of a supporting striker if we were to play two up front. Not the best option but not the worst.

I think he’s a decent player, but I also find him really irritating. I’ve enjoyed him winding up Arsenal and some other teams, but I think he crosses the line at times too. Had to be dragged away from the refs after a game last year. Was also dropped at one point by Brighton the year before that for fighting with a teammate. I know it sounds gossipy, but there’s some patterns of attitude issues with him.

Beyond that, he’s just not really a striker to me, more of a supporting striker if we were to play two up front. Not the best option but not the worst.
Sounds like he might care. Perfect sign him !

"Maupay" is a word in WARAY
Anything that lies in a place; that which, or one who, remains in a place.

Rumours that kenwright is really pushing this because he loves the meaning of his name and can heavily relate to it throught his time at Everton. How romantic.

Maupay is tough with a bit of snide. Not afraid to mix it with anyone. I think Evertonians would ike his commitment and link play. Goals? Maybe less prolific than others but possibly could play in a front 2 with DCL when needed.
Who is going to score our goals? Seriously. No Richarlison, no Gordon, likely very little DCL. Maupay and Adams are forwards who don't score, like our midfielders, who don't score.

Given our constraints and the starting point with the squad, 16th is about what most would anticipate. Not hope for of course, but Realistic given the position the squad was in.
And there it is. Bill's mission finally accomplished, Evertonians accepting premier league survival as an achievement. How low we have sunk.

Sounds like Tim Cahill. Get him signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.