2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced he does have a high ceiling as a player. He is inconsistent but he is 21. There is definitely a very good player that's going to emerge. We should do our best to keep him.

You say that but his final output is poor (at the moment)

I think Gordon will be a full England International and possibly travelling to the World Cup.

Keep him. He'll be one of the best left wingers in his age category within 12-18 months. He has all the attributes and is getting better.

Now is not the time to sell.

He currently doesn't have a key attribute of a final ball/finish

I think the bottom line here is that he has great potential, but, it is potential. Chelsea are more able, financially, to wait and see how he develops, if they offer us 50 million we really have to consider it. In 2 years time, he may be worth 15 million, or, 100 million. I'm not sure that we can afford to take the chance of it being 15 million. The boy will definitely have a good career, but, whether or not he has a great career, nobody can tell at this stage.
Sums it up.

Re his potential it’s so hard to say. Really really good players are already having plenty of unplayable performances by 21 then quite long periods where they don’t produce much and it’s put down to age/inexperience. That’s normal and fair.

Gordon’s not played loads of games relatively, but it’s almost completely the other way round; lots of decent performances with huge effort, and we are all just waiting for the one real standout performance. Odd to me that everyone thinks he is a guaranteed superstar. He may be, but surely has to show something sooner or later.

There is a nice buzz when he gets the ball with space to drive into though, which will be missed when watching Doucoure tripping over himself.

I think Gordon will be a full England International and possibly travelling to the World Cup.

Keep him. He'll be one of the best left wingers in his age category within 12-18 months. He has all the attributes and is getting better.

Now is not the time to sell.

What attributes does Anthony Gordon have at the moment that suggest he will be one of the best left wingers in world football in 18 months time?

Praying you mention something other than the ability to run fast.. like Walcott, Bolasie et al.

Pace, skill, work-rate, clever movement(despite what some on here might say)and most importantly, a clear desire to improve as quickly as possible.
Can’t fault his running, it’s the very minimum we expect from every Everton player but work rate doesn’t win games. His movement is poor, proven the first two games of this season. The lad can’t cross a ball, lacks creativity to play balls that directly lead to goal scoring opportunities, has no goal scoring instinct.. at this stage of his career. He may go on to develop those attributes of course, but I doubt it will be in the next 18 months or at Everton.

I'm saying that the Grealish transfer set the benchmark for top end young British talent, which is what Gordon is.
No he's not! lol

If he was playing at Brentford we'd all be gobsmacked at Chelsea going in with almost £50m. He's an alright player who has been forced into a key position at the club due to terrible mismanagement and awful transfer policy. He should be out on loan a division or two down, but he has been thrust into the spotlight and delivered very little apart from running a lot. He's demonstrated clearly that his finishing, decision making and set piece taking leave an awful, awful lot to be desired, yet he does have potential to improve.

In my opinion he will never be a regular for England and his value will never be greater than it apparently is now.

Sell.

I don't have any disdain for Gordon. But when Richarlison we being sold and there was a rumour of Spurs being in for Gordon too, the general consensus was the £30-35m for Gordon would represent a very very positive sale. We're talking 33-40% MORE than that now.

It's obviously up to the player but the club HAS to look at that as an unbelievable offer.

Gordon has looked little more than average in the majority of appearances for the club. What about anything he has done to date leads you to the conclusion he is the future of the club?
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Yeah, that's why Chelsea will have to pay a minimum of £50M for him.

Maybe they like wasting that sort of cash?

Dont rubbish this lad...his talent (like many other Everton players in the past) will be sacrificed to get the board out of a hole they dug for the club. Dont make that task easy for them by dumping on the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.