2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see 90 minutes of these players at a time. We know nothing about how things are going for them at the club, really.

Yeah that's true. At least we don't have to make instagram judgements and lazy assumptions that he's more interested in his clothes, private jet & hairstyle. I think as the famous Mourinho interview went, he just hasn't clicked. Making it as a PL player is a big enough achievement, hardly any make it to consistent, top performances.

I really can't see this happening unless we are paying 99% of his wages. I know I've said it before but it is worth repeating. Turkish teams don't like to spend money. Ozil was a very, very rare expensive signing. And that was a freebee.
Im hoping that if it is a loan, we are at least getting most of his wages paid. If we get a loan fee, I actually think Our Kev may be able to perform miracles. Like selling Gomes too.

Sporting Life continue the EFC bashing...

DELE OFF TO TURKEY?​

Dele Alli’s frustrating short spell at Everton looks to be coming to an end after the club agreed a deal to loan him to Besiktas with a view to a permanent move.

However, the PA news agency understands the final decision remains with the player, who has started just once in 13 appearances since a last-minute move from Tottenham in January.

The 26-year-old signed a two-and-a-half-year contract on deadline day but has failed to reignite his career at Goodison Park in a struggling side which only just avoided relegation in their penultimate match of last season.

As part of the structured nature of the deal with Spurs for Alli, Everton, who had to sell Richarlison to Tottenham for £60m in the summer to offset Premier League profit and sustainability concerns, agreed to pay £10m once he had featured in 20 games.

However, with the former England international unlikely to reach that number the club will be liable for a much lower fee.

He is 26. Everton probably his last bet for turning around in a top league.

This generation of players are a different breed though. Being financially set for life and the effects of mental health being a huge factor in players feeling football isn't the be all and end all.

Back in the day players just went into self destruct on the ale or gambling.

I won't believe it until I see the obligatory highlight reels appear on You Tube. At least Everton won't need to file any copyright claims for official footage.

The thing is...he put the effort in and got his mojo back people would be saying that £40mill we could've paid was a steal.

I can't see why the club would sign a player, permanently btw not a loan, and not allow him to play because they didn't want to pay anything. He'd at least played more than the 1 full game since he'd been here.

So personally it's all down to the player and he's had well documented issues of being lazy in training and not pushing himself.

What a disappointment this has been. I really was hopeful this could work out.

That said, at least we have t paid a fee for him!!

If he does go it's a big shame. He seems likeable he seems like he's slotted in well at FF but that's all by the by he's got to do it on the pitch.
If Lampard let's him go then it's a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.