2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still to see anything from him that warrants the creamfest in here!

Finishing poor
Assisting poor
Final ball poor
Crossing poor
Set pieces poor
Decision making poor
Dribbling OK
Effort fantastic

If he weren’t a scouser most would sell him in a heartbeat
Would you say that scousers have a tendency to over inflate the worth of fellow scousers and indeed themselves? Some call this “scouse exceptionalism” I think.

Reactions: JLW
^^^^Tinfoil hat^^^^

The lad is decent, but is not worth £50m. If that bid comes in, we should bite their hands off.

Why should we not try to sell players for more than their value?

The players value to us is far more in our current predicament, than the value to a potential buyer. But it's a seller's market this year, so why should we not try to get a huge fee from Chelsea?

If they aren't willing to pay a huge fee (like they already did to Brighton), then we shouldn't sell.

Finishing poor
Assisting poor
Final ball poor
Crossing poor
Set pieces poor
Decision making poor
Dribbling OK
Effort fantastic

If he was at another club there would be very few on here who would be calling for us to sign him and certainly not for the amounts being spoken of.

The players value to us is far more in our current predicament, than the value to a potential buyer. But it's a seller's market this year, so why should we not try to get a huge fee from Chelsea?

If they aren't willing to pay a huge fee (like they already did to Brighton), then we shouldn't sell.
They have bid 45M which is 15M more than he is worth...Sell him...

Finishing poor
Assisting poor
Final ball poor
Crossing poor
Set pieces poor
Decision making poor
Dribbling OK
Effort fantastic

Completely dismissing the highlights in his hair JLW which deffo bumps his value up by 15m

Would you say that scousers have a tendency to over inflate the worth of fellow scousers and indeed themselves? Some call this “scouse exceptionalism” I think.
Given that roughly 80% of people on here want to get shut of him, I think you may have the question the wrong way around Chico.

£45m is an insane fee, hence why the overwhelming reaction to it from football fans has been “wtf”

My point is that £50m IS a huge fee for him.

£45m is an insane fee, hence why the overwhelming reaction to it from football fans has been “wtf”

Most other football fans haven't a clue about Everton so their opinion isn't really relevant. The player's value to us, with our current squad, is extremely high and it's also now mid - to - late August.

If Chelsea want him, then they have to pay something closer to what they paid for Cucurella. They've set their own precedent.

They have bid 45M which is 15M more than he is worth...Sell him...
I did the sums in here yesterday - if you value him on goals per game to the same extent city paid for Grelish, he's worth £42.5m.

Grelish was a ridiculous sale - If we can make over 50m (or for me 45m + one of their players that we're actually interested in) would be a shrewd move.

Status
Not open for further replies.